Trilobite1981
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Gatwick update:

Dear God,
Re: Border Force Officer -Gatwick External

Thank you for your continued patience as we process a high volume of applications for these popular Border Force campaigns. Border Force operates a flexible rolling recruitment strategy to meet its dynamic requirements.

As a result, the availability of roles in your area is in flux. We will continue to contact the highest scoring candidates as interview opportunities for this campaign arise.

Government Recruitment Service operates a fair and open recruitment policy, therefore we cannot disclose your position on the merit list.

Candidates will be on hold after sift for 12 months from the date of score release, this means that you have met the required standard at the sift stage of the recruitment process.

In the meantime, we welcome other applications for future Border Force roles and encourage you to set up alerts on the Civil Service jobs website.

Kind regards,

Government Recruitment Service
Todd1985
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SherlockFan1)
I've applied for Edinburgh or Glasgow. Rather exciting but all the threads about how long it can take, if ever, are a bit of a downer!
Any update on your application at all?
Wendyb66
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have just been offered interview for gatwick. Applied July 19 and rec'd email last week stating I ws on 12 month waiting list so was surprised to now be offered interview. My score was 5 overall if that is of interest to any one waiting
Stephread
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I had a reply from them, they said there has been an error in the system and they’ve finally reinstated my application so waiting for my results from the Heathrow interview. Assume nobody will hear anything else until these issues are resolved
Trilobite1981
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wendyb66)
I have just been offered interview for gatwick. Applied July 19 and rec'd email last week stating I ws on 12 month waiting list so was surprised to now be offered interview. My score was 5 overall if that is of interest to any one waiting
I’ll be at Gatwick interview on Friday. Dis you book yours? 🤓
Wendyb66
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Trilobite1981)
I’ll be at Gatwick interview on Friday. Dis you book yours? 🤓
Yes late morning. Wasn't expecting it. I had interview booked last year with capita but missed the interview so tried again. I'm not up with all this star technique etc so will just go and give it a shot. Good luck with yours😉
psg611
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes late morning. Wasn't expecting it. I had interview booked last year with capita but missed the interview so tried again. I'm not up with all this star technique etc so will just go and give it a shot. Good luck with yours😉
Have some examples ready it can be daily things you do. They then ask strength based questions which you can't prepare.
Wendyb66
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by psg611)
Have some examples ready it can be daily things you do. They then ask strength based questions which you can't prepare.
Ok. Thanks.
Trilobite1981
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Previously I've passed the Heathrow interview and short listed. Later I've been invited to attend to Gatwick interview for the same role (just a different location). Then BF recruitment team rang me just a one day prior to the interview and informed that it is not necessary to attend to the Gatwick interview as I have already been short listed after the Heathrow interview. It's kind of a good news to me but it would have been so much better if they could inform me at least a few days before the interview date. Now I had to cancel the rent a car service but their policy dictate I will not get a cancelation refund unless I cancel it three days prior to the rental date. Waste of money and the time I spent preparing for the interview.

I am a bit concern for these reasons:
Why BF can't inform this in writing instead of calling the applicants!
How does this scenario going to indicate in the Civil Service job portal!

Is there anybody else in the same position?
Wendyb66
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Had interview gatwick yesterday. Had no time to prepare and was feeling worried. However, I thought the interview was ok and left positive. Not sure though as you never can tell. Does any one know how long they take to get back after interview ?
Trilobite1981
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I had my Heathrow interview on a Friday and the results came out on next Monday.
Wendyb66
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I had my Heathrow interview on a Friday and the results came out on next Monday.
Ok. Thanks for that. Quicker than I thought. Are you on a reserve list or did you get conditional offer straight away ?
Trilobite1981
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ok. Thanks for that. Quicker than I thought. Are you on a reserve list or did you get conditional offer straight away ?
I passed the interview and on the reserve list. Got an opportunity to talk with someone from the recruitment team when they phoned me to inform about my Gatwick interview. I asked the million dollar question. They said nobody has been offered any position for July 2019 intake so far.
Wendyb66
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I passed the interview and on the reserve list. Got an opportunity to talk with someone from the recruitment team when they phoned me to inform about my Gatwick interview. I asked the million dollar question. They said nobody has been offered any position for July 2019 intake so far.
Thanks and well done for passing every thing. I waited a long time for security clearance in my present job and just would be good yo get that ball rolling ready to start when position arises. At least you can just relax now and wait for offer.. If O remember rightly they wanted 10 officers to start by March 2020? So you may not have long to wait. I'm still not sure about salary. I presume it starts on lower amount but would be good to know what the uplift would be with extra unsocial hours. Hope you hear soon and good luck
Chiara Esmeralda
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anyone herd anything from the interviews held in Southampton a couple of weeks ago? Was told 5-7days but not heard anything.
Runner1708
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
People are still on reserve lists from November 2018! The whole thing is a shambles 😬
Todd1985
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Scotland! Any Scottish interviews been held yet?
Aberdeen?
Glasgow?
Edinburgh?
Anyone heard anything?
helicopterparent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Everything is on hold again
Yvonne 86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone from the July 2019 Heathrow intake been offered a role yet? Thanks
mc1985
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I had an interview for the Gatwick External last week, I also applied for the Border Force External Frontline in August, I happened to be checking that application and found my interview feedback score for Gatwick interview on there. I emailed recruitment who said both campaigns are being run joint so one interview covers both and my results shouldn't have been visible yet as was result of a glitch.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (95)
19.43%
Labour (207)
42.33%
Liberal Democrats (97)
19.84%
Green Party (33)
6.75%
Brexit Party (15)
3.07%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.23%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.02%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)