Carlo08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
What makes someone attractive or not? Always wondered this as some girls find me attractive some find me ugly so just wondering what my 'attractive' features are and my 'ugly' features :P pics of my facebook in my sig. Be open and let er rip
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It depends on the person because other people find different things attractive, ie someone might think that short, brown hair is seriously attractive, whereas other people may think a nice nose is more attractive. ...If that makes sense.
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think although attractiveness is sometimes based on features and pysical appearace real attractiveness IMO is humour and wether a person can make me laugh
Nonloso
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:p: You're tiny, it's impossible to see your good/bad features
. sav .
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well the pics are realy small if people arent in your network so we cant really tell!

But not everyone is the same, people arent put in "attractive" box, or "ugly" or "middling" box! I dislike large noses, oneof my good friends absolutely craves them. Each to their own.
Carlo08
Rep:
?
Ahh you cant actually view the pics so my myspace would be a better option to get the pics : http://www.myspace.com/carloz_05
. sav .
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well i prefer the longer hair for a start, and generally u prefer blokes with a bit more weight on them - not FAT lol, but you're not a rake either. Its jsut personal taste!

Respect for the livestrong band in nearly every pic tho.
Nonloso
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I like your hands lol.
No really, attractiveness is all to do with personal opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all.
You're not ugly, put it that way :p:
Poshtotty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Carlo08)
What makes someone attractive or not? Always wondered this as some girls find me attractive some find me ugly so just wondering what my 'attractive' features are and my 'ugly' features :P pics of my facebook in my sig. Be open and let er rip
I originally thought this was posted by a girl. So it's nice to see that lads have hang ups too and are just as confused as us girls are from time to time

The photo is tiny but from what I can see, I really like your hair. I reckon that's one of your best features, but it really varies from person to person.
I'm not going to list your "ugly features" because that's not a very nice thing to do.....

So basically, different girls have different tastes so of course they're not all going to find you attractive. For example, although I've said that your hair is fab, another girl might state your hair as being the worst part of you.

Gancor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Straight from wiki on article on physical attractiveness.

"Physique

Research has found that male physiques with slim waists are rated as being attractive, particularly by females.[12] Participants also identified physiques with relatively broad shoulders as being attractive. In addition, chest muscularity resulted in slightly higher attractiveness ratings.[12]

Preference can also emerge for muscularity, though research has shown that Western men have a tendency to overestimate the amount of muscle considered ideal by women by as much as thirty pounds, whereas Asian men collectively do not exhibit such a misconception.[13]

A normal level of the hormone testosterone is a possible indicator of good sexual health. In the absence of normal testosterone levels, a man may exhibit physical symptoms of less muscle development and physical height reduction.

A near-universal sexually attractive feature of a man is a v-shaped torso: a relatively narrow waist offset with broad shoulders. While some cultures prefer their males huskier and others leaner, the rule of a v-shaped torso generally holds true. Consistently, men with a waist-to-shoulder ratio of 0.75 or lower are viewed as considerably more attractive than men with more even waists and shoulders. [14]

Facial features

It has been shown that women prefer more masculine men during the fertile period of the menstrual cycle and more feminine men during other parts of the cycle.[15] This distinction supports the sexy son hypothesis, which posits that it is evolutionarily advantageous for women to select potential fathers who are traditionally masculine rather than the best caregivers.[16] Masculine facial features are characterized by a strong brow, a high forehead[citation needed] and a broad jaw whereas feminine features are less pronounced.

Height

Female's sexual attraction towards a male can be partly determined by the height of the man.[17] Women seem more receptive to an erect posture than men, though both prefer it as an element of beauty; this fact appears correlated to the preference for males who demonstrate confidence, physical strength, and a powerful bearing. This preference can be explained by evolutionary psychology as the fact that ancestral women who were attracted to tall, physically powerful men benefited from better protection and therefore gained evolutionary fitness.[18] Additionally, height in men is associated with status in many cultures, which is beneficial to women romantically involved with them.[18] Cosmopolitan Magazine has also published an article stating that women are most attracted to men who are 1.1 times their own height. In addition, it was found that women have these different preferences for height depending on the phase of their menstrual cycle at the time. While women usually desire men that are at least the same height as themselves or taller, other factors also determine male attractiveness."
xenodocheionology
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
youre cute =] the longer hair looks better though
marcusfox
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Weren't you temporarily banned for posting pictures of your penis?

Marcus
Absurd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You're quite good looking.
Absurd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by marcusfox)

Marcus
Rumbled! :rolleyes:
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's easy. Attractiveness can be calculated, on a logarithmic scale, with this simple formula:

A = \sigma (L_i L_k ) \displaystyle \sum \frac{m_0}{ \sqrt {1 - { \frac {v^2}{c^2}}}}
Carlo08
Rep:
?

Marcus
Haha erm..
Nonloso
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Marcus

lol.
dinosaur711
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
nice hhair
Veni_vidi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you have hair, which is good
marcusfox
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by What's My Name?)
lol.
Yes, I was unfortunate to stumble across an innocuously titled thread (before the mods got to it) to be confronted by what I can only describe as "sausagefest".

Marcus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads