The Student Room Group

Should I cite this article for my EPQ?

Hi, I'm writing my EPQ right now on a scientific topic, and I'm finding articles in science magazines (not journals) like New Scientist, Science mag etc really helpful tools for finding journal studies related to my topic and explaining the studies in layman's terms. Obviously the actual studies need citing as they are my primary sources, but if I read an article about the study and it helps me understand it, do I need to cite the article too? If so do I have to cite it in my dissertation, or can it just be in my bibliography?
Reply 1
Yes, you need to cite almost anything that is useful both in footnotes (the dissertation) and the bibliography. I recently completed my EPQ and that is what we were told to do. You get more credit for having a big variety of sources or even just a lot of sources.
It's not essential that you cite everything but it'll make your project look more sophisticated
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by TeahS
Yes, you need to cite almost anything that is useful both in footnotes (the dissertation) and the bibliography. I recently completed my EPQ and that is what we were told to do. You get more credit for having a big variety of sources or even just a lot of sources.
It's not essential that you cite everything but it'll make your project look more sophisticated

thanks for the advice
Original post by TeahS

Ok but what if they don't use that. He just said he uses that information to help him understand the topic but that doesn't mean he uses it within his essay. You can't just cite random things which you didn't directly use in your EPQ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending