generic3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys. I was just wondering: for the computer science paper 2 code. Does it matter if your code is identical to someone else's. This is for Cambridge IGCSE. Bearing in mind that this is Pre-Released material and Pseudo code is not affected by personal style.
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not sure why you think pseudocode isn't affected by personal style since pseudocode is a made-up language without any fixed syntax rules, so most people write pseudocode in their own style. It's valid to write pseudocode in any reasonable style, so long as the structure and syntax you choose is something which is easily relatable to a real programming language, using common programming constructs.

But in any case, handing in code which is very similar to somebody else's seems very likely to be flagged as cheating and result in disqualification, so if that's what you're planning to do then I'd recommend that you don't.
Last edited by winterscoming; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (750)
41.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (357)
19.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.46%

Watched Threads