Bad breath is setting off my anxiety and ruining my confidence Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Basically, it is getting to the point I am feel anxious everyday. On the tram, sat at work in the office. People avoid talking to me, cover their mouths etc.

I've been to two different dentists, both of which have said to me, okay, your teeth aren't perfect, your breath isn't horrendous. But you should floss more, and if your worried have gum on your or use mouthwash.

Its gotten to the point that people are repulsed, you can tell. People cough all time near me, move away, pull faces, but try to overcompensate by been really nice to me.

I told my boss in work that I feel mentally unwell, not stating the reason, she wants to refer me to Occupational Health.

Works been supportive of me so far, with regards my struggles, and they know I found it hard to start with.

I've also been to GP and told them about my bad breath, they gave me some anti-acid medication after i said I did suffer some heartburn sometimes, but said very little about the bad breath.

They said I should just trust in my nhs dentist.

I know I'm not imagining this, peoples reactions, etc.

What can I do? its really affecting me. To the point I dont want to sit on busy trams in public because of if someone says something.

I'm paying for Ubers to work everyday, and its costly. Its really really really affecting me.

What can I do?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is it possible that there isn't an issue there as big as you think it is, and that you're over focussing on people's behaviour around you too much? Medical professionals are very direct with their patients, they have to be. if there was something massively wrong, they'd tell you.
Maid Marian
Report 1 week ago
Try changing your diet, brushing your teeth more often, chewing gum.
Prussianxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you sure you're not being paranoid, I feel we all do this with different things.

But some tips are to make sure you brush your tongue when brushing your teeth as that's where the majority of the bacteria lives.
Also just keep a pack of mints or sugar free gum and just pop one whenever you think you'll be near people.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
Try changing your diet, brushing your teeth more often, chewing gum.
This^
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone said anything to you? It sounds like anxiety to me.
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
I think you're overthinking the reactions of people around you. It could be totally unrelated to you. Extremely bad breath is a sign of gum disease and your dentists have ruled that out. Just continuously use mouthwash, and carry gum with you. I think you should go back to your doctors and talk about your anxiety.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Try eat more fruits and veggies and wash your mouth with salty water from time to time. Maybe you just need some good wash.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is stuff you can buy at the pharmacy if you are that paranoid.
tamoni4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you get tonsil stones? They could be a source if bad breath.
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically, it is getting to the point I am feel anxious everyday. On the tram, sat at work in the office. People avoid talking to me, cover their mouths etc.

I've been to two different dentists, both of which have said to me, okay, your teeth aren't perfect, your breath isn't horrendous. But you should floss more, and if your worried have gum on your or use mouthwash.

Its gotten to the point that people are repulsed, you can tell. People cough all time near me, move away, pull faces, but try to overcompensate by been really nice to me.

I told my boss in work that I feel mentally unwell, not stating the reason, she wants to refer me to Occupational Health.

Works been supportive of me so far, with regards my struggles, and they know I found it hard to start with.

I've also been to GP and told them about my bad breath, they gave me some anti-acid medication after i said I did suffer some heartburn sometimes, but said very little about the bad breath.

They said I should just trust in my nhs dentist.

I know I'm not imagining this, peoples reactions, etc.

What can I do? its really affecting me. To the point I dont want to sit on busy trams in public because of if someone says something.

I'm paying for Ubers to work everyday, and its costly. Its really really really affecting me.

What can I do?
CB12 mouthwash, works great. Also fisherman's friend mints. Use both and there's no chance bad breath would get through
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you have a medical/dental condition that is causing bad breath?

if not, you can go to your local pharmacist and buy some decent mouthwash. Use it everyday, watch the foods you eat and you should see some improvement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.75%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (44)
20.28%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.25%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.53%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.53%