Why does this make me so sad? Watch

steelmole
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
So today I was out and about and noticed a girl I went on a date with with some guy. Now we only went on one date quite at least a year ago and nothing really happened apart from a kiss. How come simply just seeing her made me feel sad? I know that things would never have happened and if they had they would have just been awful, I'm probably going to end up with a much more stable girlfriend in the future. I'm generally confused.

Also, how can you make this feeling go away and/or turn it into happiness?
OiaB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
might be a slight hint of jealousy. You maybe resent the fact that he has something that you never had with her. Even though you don't think your bothered, you obviously are. Think your just bit regretful about what could have happened.

And finding someone better will make you feel better
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I agree^^its like although you may have no care for her whatsoever seeig her in a stable relationships(if thats what she has) and knowing you havent reached that yet and she has it may make you feel jelous
plus its like you dont want any ex to be with someone better than you, dont worry your not the only one:p:

noone wants to see their ex with someone 'nicer' than them, but just e happy for her and find somone 'nicer' for yourself andyoull be fine
Girl♥RadioHeart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey,

Maybe if you're feeling lonely or lacking a relationship you felt a pang of jealousy or resentment that she is with someone else. Maybe you regret not taking action or just wish you had someone. Maybe seeing her reminded you of what could have been...BUT there's no need to worry. I know it hurts and you feel bad now but with time you'll see that there's "plenty more fish in the sea" and you can move on. I know that seems hard now and you're obviously thinking about this issue. You can't make it disappear but you can take your mind off it, accept that it wasn't meant to be with her but there will be someone soon. Enjoy the time by yourself, take up a new hobby or something...chill with friends and don't worry about it It'll all be ok!
SuicideCommando
Report 11 years ago
I agree with the people above!
Or maybe it's like, the memories. Memories are always good to have.

I'm the same as you, though.
I go all ¬_________¬ when I see a person I got with or went out with before, even if I didn't really care about it at the time.
OiaB
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
human nature sucks.

we always want what we can't have
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads