What do you think - what percentage of jobs is "fulfilling" for employees? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Can we please discuss this. I really need to hear your opinions. What percentage of jobs do you think could be considered fulfilling for the employees; if their financial needs were otherwise satisfied - what percentage of jobs would still be attended?
S.carter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can we please discuss this. I really need to hear your opinions. What percentage of jobs do you think could be considered fulfilling for the employees; if their financial needs were otherwise satisfied - what percentage of jobs would still be attended?
About 15-20 I reckon, most people end up doing jobs they don’t like either all their lives or for a period of time really. Without the money incentive I don’t think many would carry on working (although if you isn’t a business probably a higher percentage as you’re the boss).
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If money was no object, I don't think I'd work for someone else, regardless of the job. I've had some jobs I really enjoyed in the past, and I'm starting a new career which will hopefully be fulfilling- but there's always something that's annoying/frustrating, and there are always days when you don't fancy getting out of bed!

I do think I'd get bored with nothing to do, though. I have an idea of a not-for-profit organisation I'd want to run. It would be even better if I could pay other people to do the day-to-day boring stuff and just swan in and out for the fun bits whenever I liked

I do think there are people who love their jobs and would do them regardless of money, or get other benefits from their jobs (e.g. mental stimulation) other than just their wages. However, I think a lot of these people would go part time. I think the percentage who'd stay on full time, working 35 hour+ weeks would be pretty small!
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
13%.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.78%
Terrified (382)
22.2%
Meh (172)
9.99%
Confused (37)
2.15%