Student070707
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Was contemplating the idea of asking if I could do Politics next year for an AS in my second year of 6th form but was wondering about peoples opinions on the idea.

Basically the story goes... last year they didn't offer politics because they had no teachers but next year they are. So I missed out on the opportunity =( and had to do physics instead :mad: which sucks.

I want to apply to Warwick to do History and Politics so, is this a wise choice or too much?

Also, i'm a pretty good student i'd like to think any way and should get predominatly As and maybe Bs
Student070707
Rep:
?
How depressing... anyone????
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sure go for it. you can always drop it if it gets too much.

out of interest what other a-levels will you be doing at A2
Student070707
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alison267)
sure go for it. you can always drop it if it gets too much.
Good point. I like that thinking

On the subjects - History, English Lang and Maths =)
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report 11 years ago
definately, can it also shows unis that you can cope with the workload of a2s with an extra as in a subject you haven't done in the previously year - good thinking!

physics and maths are known to be hard subjects so good luck on getting good grades!
missmaclean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Definetely go for it if you feel that you can handle the workload. Doing politics for AS then carrying it on at Uni will be beneficial as you'll learn the base knowledge and be able to build on it during your Uni Course.
Ed.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I did it this year. Took Religious Studies as the extra subject on top of my other three. It was hard juggling the work at points, but do-able if you are committed to seeing it through.
freeforever
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have the same problem but with Religious Studies, which is what I want to do at uni. I'm picking it up as an AS next year
Student070707
Rep:
?
thanks!
Darling~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
bleh, i want to take AS art next year but they're not letting me because apparently i doss around too much. i was hoping it would be therapy as i will be resitting the whole AS in the same year as A2s, but nooo, i don't have potential. potential. right :rolleyes:
MissJethro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think you should do it. I have friends in the same situation who want to take AS Law next year while they do A2. Law wasn't offered before but now they're introducing it next year. I say you may as well go for it and try!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads