Best laptop for Economics student?

Watch this thread
Ryuzaki_Light
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'll hopefully start my economics course in October, I've been looking at laptops but I'm unsure which laptop to get.
- any recommendations ?
- which specs to look for?
- as an eco student would I need a laptop which is able to draw graphs at ease?
- I've saved up enough to buy a decent laptop, but rather not spend £600
- I highly doubt I will be gaming btw if thats something to consider

Thank you
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ryuzaki_Light)
I'll hopefully start my economics course in October, I've been looking at laptops but I'm unsure which laptop to get.
- any recommendations ?
- which specs to look for?
- as an eco student would I need a laptop which is able to draw graphs at ease?
- I've saved up enough to buy a decent laptop, but rather not spend £600
- I highly doubt I will be gaming btw if thats something to consider

Thank you
I'll let someone else who has done this course confirm, but I expect any graphs you create will be generated by software from data input rather than drawn by hand.

Beyond that you're looking at the standard student complement of a quad core Core i5 or Ryzen 5 processor, 8GB of RAM and 128-256GB of SSD storage, of which there are dozens of options ranging from £350 up to £1000 based on other factors. Do you have a preference in terms of screen size, are there other tasks you want to use it for beyond the basics like web browsing and essay writing?
Ryuzaki_Light
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
thank you for the reply, screen-size preferably 13 inches and above is what I'm ideally looking at, and as of the other tasks, I'm not particularly a gamer, but more importantly I do really want a laptop that is reliable as in good battery life and shouldn't start to glitch or freeze
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If you want a laptop that won't glitch or freeze, then whatever laptop you buy you should bin Windows 10 and install Linux :adore:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads