The Student Room Group

TESCO

Hi,
I have a Tesco induction upcoming.
Does anyone know what happens on an induction day? Also, what should I wear?

Original post by archibald300
Hi,

Probably smart clothes ie shirt and trousers/skirt I assume. I would love to know how you got past the online test though hahah
Original post by S.carter
Probably smart clothes ie shirt and trousers/skirt I assume. I would love to know how you got past the online test though hahah

that online test is so inaccurately marked I remember applying for the job there I was certain I got the answers right, yet Tesco think I was not a good enough candidate 😂😂😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ja78975
that online test is so inaccurately marked I remember applying for the job there I was certain I got the answers right, yet Tesco think I was not a good enough candidate 😂😂😂

Yup I’m actually getting really sick of even trying to get a job now. No wonder there’s unemployment when bloody Tesco only accept if you answer ‘right’ on that ridiculous test 😂😂 this is all assistant roles, too, so I hate to think how managers and above manage to get any jobs
Reply 4
I just wore a white shirt and black trousers for my induction, and the woman running it said I was dressed perfectly.
Yup I’m actually getting really sick of even trying to get a job now. No wonder there’s unemployment when bloody Tesco only accept if you answer ‘right’ on that ridiculous test 😂😂 this is all assistant roles, too, so I hate to think how managers and above manage to get any jobs

😂😂 I even searched for the answers and they matched with mine yet Tesco didn't want to give me the job
Reply 6
Also, on induction day you will mostly be in one room watching videos, listening to managers, and filling in training booklets. Just learning the general rules and whatnot, nothing to worry about.
Original post by Ja78975
😂😂 I even searched for the answers and they matched with mine yet Tesco didn't want to give me the job

Honestly it’s getting ridiculous. They should have easier routes for students as all you’ll really do is cashier work or restocking shelves and even that is apparently out of most people’s job range lmao

Good luck tho
Reply 8
Honestly it’s getting ridiculous. They should have easier routes for students as all you’ll really do is cashier work or restocking shelves and even that is apparently out of most people’s job range lmao

Good luck tho

A hell of a lot of the people that you are competing with are students, I'd guess these quizzes exist just to chop down the amount of applicants to process as there are so many.
Original post by Mabey
A hell of a lot of the people that you are competing with are students, I'd guess these quizzes exist just to chop down the amount of applicants to process as there are so many.

Yeah I’m sure you are right. Just wish it was based more off of experience rather than just multiple choice scenarios.

Thanks for the reply
I feel your pain - I hate those quizzes myself!
Original post by Mabey
I just wore a white shirt and black trousers for my induction, and the woman running it said I was dressed perfectly.

Original post by Mabey
Also, on induction day you will mostly be in one room watching videos, listening to managers, and filling in training booklets. Just learning the general rules and whatnot, nothing to worry about.

Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 12
Yeah I’m sure you are right. Just wish it was based more off of experience rather than just multiple choice scenarios.

Yeah I agree, considering some of the people we get experience makes much more sense lol.
Original post by archibald300
Hi,

Hi there

You should wear a white blouse and black trousers for your induction day ok

And the induction day is basically like a training session for you prior to actually starting in the branch you are working in.
Your team manager will provide you with all the necessary documents on the day, plus your uniform will take a few weeks to order up once you fill in the sizes etc,wh wh you want to wear, unless the branch you are working in only have one choice of uniform but usually most of them jhav a choice of multiple types of uniform to pick from, beware the sizes are often smaller than stated on them ok.
Good luck with working with Tesco ok, been there over 13 years both full-time and currently part-time weekends due to my main job .
Any further questions please feel free to contact me ok either here or pm and I will try to answer your question ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending