I feel very unwanted :)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need some serious advice!
I came to England for when I was 11. Due to language barrier I got in trouble at school which resulted me changing school. The main reason was I was blamed for stealing a phone which I never did and I couldn’t speak English and everyone at school assumed I stole the phone.
My parents didn’t support me and blamed me for my situation. I changed school as I was kicked out from my old school. My siblings stopped going out with me because they used to think I am a thief and that everyone will bully them too.
Going to another school didn’t helped either as a lot of students found out I came to this new school because of the scandal that I had “stealing phone one”.
I was already going through a very bad time of my life where I had no one on my side except God. During the first week of my new school I was raped by a drunk man early in the morning.
I used to get on the bus at 7am so I could reach school by 9am.
When I was raped I didn’t tell anyone at home and school because I was already terrified because of whatever happened in my old school. I know I should have as I was only 12 that time but I was very scared because I knew my parents would have sent me back home.
I didn’t make any friends at school except one whom I stopped talking when we went college because she started bullying me. I worked extremely hard to get into a top business school and now I will be completing my final year in august 2020. I took a couple of years out of studies as I wasn’t sure what I wanted to study.
I don’t have any best friends or childhood friends. My siblings don’t treat me well either they make me feel crap all the time. I mainly get bullied due to my bad English and everyone at home has assumed I won’t get a job in my life because of not being fluent in English.
I want to get a job and be independent as I want to get out of my parents house as soon as possible. I feel very lonely all the time as feel very unwanted at home. My siblings bully me whenever I try to ask about how their friends are or how was the dinner with their friends. I never had any friends so I like hearing about others but my siblings make me feel so bad.
What shall I do to make my verbal English better?
Society made me feel as If I did a big crime at high school. My whole childhood was ruined due to something I never did :/ everyone left me
Sometimes I feel like ending my life thinking about how he raped me and that I was only 12 that time.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Play GTA and call it a day.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I need some serious advice!
I came to England for when I was 11. Due to language barrier I got in trouble at school which resulted me changing school. The main reason was I was blamed for stealing a phone which I never did and I couldn’t speak English and everyone at school assumed I stole the phone.
My parents didn’t support me and blamed me for my situation. I changed school as I was kicked out from my old school. My siblings stopped going out with me because they used to think I am a thief and that everyone will bully them too.
Going to another school didn’t helped either as a lot of students found out I came to this new school because of the scandal that I had “stealing phone one”.
I was already going through a very bad time of my life where I had no one on my side except God. During the first week of my new school I was raped by a drunk man early in the morning.
I used to get on the bus at 7am so I could reach school by 9am.
When I was raped I didn’t tell anyone at home and school because I was already terrified because of whatever happened in my old school. I know I should have as I was only 12 that time but I was very scared because I knew my parents would have sent me back home.
I didn’t make any friends at school except one whom I stopped talking when we went college because she started bullying me. I worked extremely hard to get into a top business school and now I will be completing my final year in august 2020. I took a couple of years out of studies as I wasn’t sure what I wanted to study.
I don’t have any best friends or childhood friends. My siblings don’t treat me well either they make me feel crap all the time. I mainly get bullied due to my bad English and everyone at home has assumed I won’t get a job in my life because of not being fluent in English.
I want to get a job and be independent as I want to get out of my parents house as soon as possible. I feel very lonely all the time as feel very unwanted at home. My siblings bully me whenever I try to ask about how their friends are or how was the dinner with their friends. I never had any friends so I like hearing about others but my siblings make me feel so bad.
What shall I do to make my verbal English better?
Society made me feel as If I did a big crime at high school. My whole childhood was ruined due to something I never did :/ everyone left me
Sometimes I feel like ending my life thinking about how he raped me and that I was only 12 that time.
I'm very sorry to hear what you're going through. Firstly I want to ask, have you spoken to anybody (even a counsellor) about the rape, because it is very important that you do this and get some help on dealing with whats happened to you. You can figure out the rest later.

Secondly I am confused as to why your siblings bully you for not being fluent in English. Are they fluent in English? And if so, why are they fluent and why are you not fluent?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Fermion.)
I'm very sorry to hear what you're going through. Firstly I want to ask, have you spoken to anybody (even a counsellor) about the rape, because it is very important that you do this and get some help on dealing with whats happened to you. You can figure out the rest later.

Secondly I am confused as to why your siblings bully you for not being fluent in English. Are they fluent in English? And if so, why are they fluent and why are you not fluent?
No I haven’t spoken to any counsellor except a nurse but she wasn’t helpful at all

I never got the chance to communicate with anyone at school. I used to be terrified of speaking to anyone because I knew they would question about why I left my school. Even in the college I came across same people. They made groups against me and every time I used to walk they used to say my name e.g Alex the thief
On the other hand my siblings became fluent by making lots of friends and maybe because they had no stress issues.
I didn’t pick the language because of the rape and constantly bullying at school and at home. My life was mess I used to lock myself in the toilet at lunch times at college and school.
username2950448
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through.

Your English seems very good already, so that's not as big a deal as you think it is. There are many non-native speakers in this country and as long as you can communicate effectively enough you will be fine in adult life (and from your post it seems you can more than do this).

Adult life gets better - I promise. Kids can be very mean and thoughtless, so try not to let their acts hinder your life now. That's in the past and they probably regret how *****y and horrible they were in the past (like many people do).

As for improving your English, if you just tell your siblings everything you wrote on this post I like to think they'd be very supportive and understanding and then you could speak more with them to improve your English. But obviously you know best about whether this is likely to be the case.

Whatever happens, I wish you all the best. :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (673)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.23%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed