Getting into an 18 rated movie

Watch this thread
alfiem126
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ok so the new Tarantino film has just came out and I really wanna watch it
Unfortunately I’m 13 and films rating is 18
I got into Venom when I was 12 and that was a 15 but I feel like this will be harder. Advice?
Mia.Wolfie
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Just draw a beard on your face and you're good to go
vestigalrex510
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do right now. 18 means no one under the age of 18 can see a film that has a 18 certificate.

Since Tarantino’s film is 18 rated and because of your age, no cinema will admit you to see the film. This is because it is a criminal offence in England to allow an underage person to watch age restricted content.

In the very unlikely event that someone admits you to see this film, they can get a possible prison sentence of up to 6 months and a hefty fine. He or she would also get a criminal record.

In that scenario you wouldn’t be prosecuted but for the person who admitted you, a criminal records can affect many aspects of a persons life.

If you are dead serious on seeing “Once upon a time... in Hollywood”, you will need to wait until the dvd/Blu-ray/DD release, then you can ask your parents. Otherwise, find an alternative film or perhaps, an alternative hobby.
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Nobody who works in a cinema cares about kids who look 12 getting into a 15, but they're not going to let someone who doesn't even look 15 get into an 18, that's where you're blatantly underage and also where the mystery shoppers try and get you.
username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
If you're 17 and an argument can be made for "oh well he looked 18", then okay, but you're 13. That's ridiculous, there's no way in hell.
I'd give the same advice for someone who wanted to get into a bar underage - be a girl and have big boobs, bouncers like that.
ml55
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
What you need to do is get 2 of your friends, have friend 1 sit on friend 2s shoulders, then you sit on friend ones shoulders. After doing this you need to put on a trenchcoat to conceal the fact that you are 3 children and not a fully grown man. Walk up to the till at the theater and say "hello fellow adult I'll have one ticket for movie please" at this point they'll usually let you in but if their suspicious and ask you for id say "i left my id at home with my 7 children and plaque commemorating the fact that i am in fact an adult.
you're welcome
vestigalrex510
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ml55)
What you need to do is get 2 of your friends, have friend 1 sit on friend 2s shoulders, then you sit on friend ones shoulders. After doing this you need to put on a trenchcoat to conceal the fact that you are 3 children and not a fully grown man. Walk up to the till at the theater and say "hello fellow adult I'll have one ticket for movie please" at this point they'll usually let you in but if their suspicious and ask you for id say "i left my id at home with my 7 children and plaque commemorating the fact that i am in fact an adult.
you're welcome
This wouldn't work for 2 reasons.

One, since you would be buying 1 ticket for 3 people, you would effectively be trespassing in the cinema because you only paid for one ticket which would only allow one person into the cinema, and buying 3 tickets for one person is just very suspicious.

Two, saying that you left your ID at home if they asked you is not a valid excuse. They can refuse you based on this info, because like I said on my previous post...

(Original post by vestigalrex510)
It is a criminal offence in England to allow an underage person to watch age restricted content.

In the very unlikely event that someone admits you to see this film, they can get a possible prison sentence of up to 6 months and a hefty fine. He or she would also get a criminal record.

In that scenario you wouldn’t be prosecuted but for the person who admitted you, a criminal records can affect many aspects of a persons life.
OctoberRain7
Badges: 15
Report 2 years ago
Maybe consider there’s a reason why you have to be literally five years older than you currently are to watch it? Just a suggestion
username3934898
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
if you're a girl it's easy. makeup, heels, stuff your chest.
if you're a guy idk what advice to give you. maybe dress more formally and speak with a deep voice.

either way fake id and/or go with friends that look older.

one of my friends booked tickets to see another movie then found out which room the movie was in and went to the frontish where no one really sits and watched the movie without getting caught.

otherwise just get the dvd, watch it online or wait until it comes on tv idk
alfiem126
Rep:
(Original post by ml55)
you're welcome
This wouldn't work for 2 reasons.

One, since you would be buying 1 ticket for 3 people, you would effectively be trespassing in the cinema because you only paid for one ticket which would only allow one person into the cinema, and buying 3 tickets for one person is just very suspicious.

Two, saying that you left your ID at home if they asked you is not a valid excuse. They can refuse you based on this info, because like I said on my previous post...
Pretty sure he was joking mate
ml55
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alfiem126)
Pretty sure he was joking mate
r/wooosh
alfiem126
Rep:
(Original post by OctoberRain7)
Maybe consider there’s a reason why you have to be literally five years older than you currently are to watch it? Just a suggestion
Haha I’ve seen every one of Tarantinos movies except for Death Proof and Jackie Brown and trust me I’ve seen a lot worse
alfiem126
Rep:
(Original post by ml55)
r/wooosh
Haha
Morgies
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do right now. 18 means no one under the age of 18 can see a film that has a 18 certificate.

Since Tarantino’s film is 18 rated and because of your age, no cinema will admit you to see the film. This is because it is a criminal offence in England to allow an underage person to watch age restricted content.

If you are dead serious on seeing “Once upon a time... in Hollywood”, you will need to wait until the dvd/Blu-ray/DD release, then you can ask your parents. Otherwise, find an alternative film or perhaps, an alternative hobby.
i cant emphasise this point enough: i was told the same thing when suicide squad came out and i was a year too young to watch it (it was a 15, but still): you could absolutely get someone fired, and worse, imprisoned. i dropped the idea of going the minute i was told that. OP should as well.
Morgies
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
unrelated to op: if you are the age of the film youre going to see, but you look just about, still keep id on you in case. i wasnt id'd for logan or deadpool 2 so i thought 'alright, i guess i look 16 (which i was at the time)' but i was id'd at the mha film and god was i lucky i kept my sixth form lanyard on and i was even luckier they accepted that because it doesnt have a date of birth on it and they'd just have to assume im somewhere between 15-17. i still hope i got no one in trouble for that, but it was the only proof of my age i had on me.

its best to never assume theyll 'let it slide'
Last edited by Morgies; 2 years ago
vestigalrex510
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ml55)
r/wooosh
I don’t know why I keep getting this. It ruined my Twitter since I kept getting the same message sent to me.

I just don’t get what it’s supposed to mean. I feel like it’s something that’s against me.
ml55
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I don’t know why I keep getting this. It ruined my Twitter since I kept getting the same message sent to me.

I just don’t get what it’s supposed to mean. I feel like it’s something that’s against me.
basically r/woosh is a subreddit where you post screenshots of people that had jokes made for them and didn't get rhe joke.
vestigalrex510
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ml55)
basically r/woosh is a subreddit where you post screenshots of people that had jokes made for them and didn't get rhe joke.
What should I do if I get r/wooshed myself? This was happening a lot of the time for me on Twitter and I stopped using Twitter because of it.
ml55
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
What should I do if I get r/wooshed myself? This was happening a lot of the time for me on Twitter and I stopped using Twitter because of it.
either gain a better understanding of comedy so you know when a jokes being made or come to the realisation that it almost never carries malicious intent and is just a joke and even when its intended to be hurtful it's a sad virgin sitting behind a computer who thinks making fun of someone will make their life betyer (myself included)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (30)
36.14%
The paper was reasonable (30)
36.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (15)
18.07%
It was TERRIBLE (8)
9.64%

Watched Threads