Student finance late Watch

Devildisaster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Will I get my loan on time? I applied to student finance late at around early June and waited for around 8 weeks when I finally decided to call student finance to ask whats going on, turns out my mum still had a document to be sent to them. My mum sent the document yesterday and with A level results day a week away I'm just worried that I won't get my loan on time. My expected start date for uni is 1st October.
b00mzx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey 👋

You should be fine; I only applied for mine 3weeks ago and SF have said I will be told about finance schedules etc between 16-20 August. My course starts 23 September. Not sure about your circumstances but I’ve applied for DSA too, that takes longer but should still be in place in time.

Any evidence you send make sure you send it recorded or something so you have proof it was issued! I wish SF allowed you to email documents.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Amy SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Devildisaster)
Will I get my loan on time? I applied to student finance late at around early June and waited for around 8 weeks when I finally decided to call student finance to ask whats going on, turns out my mum still had a document to be sent to them. My mum sent the document yesterday and with A level results day a week away I'm just worried that I won't get my loan on time. My expected start date for uni is 1st October.
Hi there,

If you have made your main application and we are just waiting on your mum's financial evidence to be processed once this has been reviewed and update we will run a new assessment on your account. At the moment it is currently taking 21 working days to process financial evidence from the date it is received. Once processed and approved you will receive a Notification of Entitlement letter, if you keep an eye on your online account for any updates. You can access your online account here.

If your course starts in October it is likely that your application will be processed on time, as long as we have received all the evidence required.

Thanks, Amy
Devildisaster
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by b00mzx)
Hey 👋

You should be fine; I only applied for mine 3weeks ago and SF have said I will be told about finance schedules etc between 16-20 August. My course starts 23 September. Not sure about your circumstances but I’ve applied for DSA too, that takes longer but should still be in place in time.

Any evidence you send make sure you send it recorded or something so you have proof it was issued! I wish SF allowed you to email documents.
My status on student finance has been on "applied" for a while and uhhhh I wished they allowed email too
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Devildisaster)
My status on student finance has been on "applied" for a while and uhhhh I wished they allowed email too
You will be fine. Unis are pretty understanding in general if things were to be delayed. Hopefully you will hear in good time but just keep an eye on your mum's to do list on SFE as well as your own. Son applied this late for second year but still got money on time.
You can celebrate by changing your user name to something more positive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.78%
Excited (116)
8.23%
Worried (264)
18.74%
Terrified (329)
23.35%
Meh (113)
8.02%
Confused (33)
2.34%