I'm all alone :( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
bascially, everyone i know has gone home for the summer whilst i am stuck here til thursday as i still have work to do. i just feel so lonely. there is no tv because my housemate took it, so i've only really got the internet to keep me entertained! i always get really scared on a night too, have to sleep with the light on because i am so paranoid of someone breaking in or something. i know it's only until thursday but has anyone got any advice on how i can try and make things bearable until then?? i just hate feeling alone
Girl♥RadioHeart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Awww... I know it's not nice to feel alone, but it's not for long. Try tiring yourself out before bedtime, go for a run or something [it's light till later now]... read a book in bed and you'll find it easier to get to sleep. It's ok to sleep with the light on, I sometimes do that

Do you have a camera with you? You could go out and do some photography... or buy some paints or something...

The internet is good but can often remind you that you're alone so try switching it off, using it to watch a DVD or playing a game, not IM or anything..

You could tidy your room or pack for summer or something to keep you busy

I'm sure these next few days will fly by and don't forget there's BBC i-player and all the other online tv showings if you're missing the TV...

eden
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i usually put the radio on when i'm home alone. nice to hear the chat, and the music. if you're staying to get work done, then make sure you get the work done.

you can watch tv via bbc iplayer / itv catchup / 4oD / random internet sites for house/scrubs/etc.

why not spend a few hours getting some work done with the radio/music on, to a specific point/stage in the work / whatever, and with the promise of watching something after.

otherwise go and work in a library somewhere if you can, either the public one / the uni one. being around people you will feel less alone and its nice to get out. its only 3 more days after today, so just enjoy the peace - and use it to get the work done.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
aww thanks for the advice guys
beccaarr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Go treat yourself to a box set of something.
beccarr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by beccaarr)
Go treat yourself to a box set of something.
yeah, DVDs...or a load of dairy milk

(woahhhh we have the same name! cool)
Pink_Diamond
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am all alone all summer....sad i know but its by choice. Its a weird feeling at first...i had to sleep with the light on too especially as i was recently broken into

However it gets easier and thursday will come round so quickly....i find 4od and itv catch up and quite good on the tv front.

I also go shopping alot...which i wouldnt recommend as its now touch and go if i can pay my rent next week lol.
squid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How about taking up a hobby that's computer based? Web design can be great fun, or read loads of webcomics?

Failing that, if you have a webcam i have an idea of what you can do
-WhySoSerious?
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Grab some food, and camp next to your PC with :tsr: !
stacey4415
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah definitely watch iplayer or itv catch up!!
Maybe read?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.8%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.76%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (129)
38.17%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.18%

Watched Threads