This discussion is closed.
hazzypants
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Anybody ever been on a RYLA, rotary youth leadership award before?? I'm going in the summer, 13 july, in staffordshire, just wondering what people thought about it etc; how much fun is it, do you have to swim, etc;;;
hazzypants
Rep:
?
anyone????
hazzypants
Rep:
?
lapples
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hazzypants)
Anybody ever been on a RYLA, rotary youth leadership award before?? I'm going in the summer, 13 july, in staffordshire, just wondering what people thought about it etc; how much fun is it, do you have to swim, etc;;;
I know this thread is like 4 years old but i wondered if you could tell me anything about you time at the ryla camp?
hazzypants
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by lapples)
I know this thread is like 4 years old but i wondered if you could tell me anything about you time at the ryla camp?
Hey! Yes, I went 4 years ago. it's really good fun! I went as if counts towards the residential part of Gold D of E.

Basically it;s great fun. I went to one at kibblestone scout camp in the midlands,. you're put in teams, and it's all about leading at some point, finding out your strengths and weaknesses etc...

Theres lots of sport, team building, building rafts out of random materials, going on treasure hunts, high ropes... can;t remember waht else really... camp fires... there was a talent show at the end. You really get to know your group well, you're all really included and the people are friendly.

The people running it, are really experienced and it's all about boosting your confidence and making you a confident leader. I thought it was really worthwhile. The people running it when I was there were ex army... they came into our dorms at 7am everyday with a siren to wake us up. We had 10 mins to get outside and do squats and press ups and run around! haha, it was all really good fun. Any specific questions just ask x
lapples
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hazzypants)
Hey! Yes, I went 4 years ago. it's really good fun! I went as if counts towards the residential part of Gold D of E.

Basically it;s great fun. I went to one at kibblestone scout camp in the midlands,. you're put in teams, and it's all about leading at some point, finding out your strengths and weaknesses etc...

Theres lots of sport, team building, building rafts out of random materials, going on treasure hunts, high ropes... can;t remember waht else really... camp fires... there was a talent show at the end. You really get to know your group well, you're all really included and the people are friendly.

The people running it, are really experienced and it's all about boosting your confidence and making you a confident leader. I thought it was really worthwhile. The people running it when I was there were ex army... they came into our dorms at 7am everyday with a siren to wake us up. We had 10 mins to get outside and do squats and press ups and run around! haha, it was all really good fun. Any specific questions just ask x
Aww thanks for getting back to me about all of this - very good of you
That sounds mental -but good fun :P
I was really worried about doing it for a while
Thanks
Kgooding
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I found out I'd been sponsored for this yesterday. I don't find out until May if I've definitely got a place or not but I'm just so happy they offered to sponsor me!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads