Failed MA, now thinking of applying for conversion course Watch

J.P_Gruntfuttock
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Recently failed my MA for various mental health reasons, I’m planning of taking a definite break from academia. And going into work, but would at some point like to take a psychology conversion course to kickstart a new career.
My initial degree was a first, my grade up to the point I stopped handing in work for my MA course was a distinction, not that there’s going to be any record. I’m also able to fund my own study.
Is there a chance I could be accepted back into uni?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by J.P_Gruntfuttock)
Recently failed my MA for various mental health reasons, I’m planning of taking a definite break from academia. And going into work, but would at some point like to take a psychology conversion course to kickstart a new career.
My initial degree was a first, my grade up to the point I stopped handing in work for my MA course was a distinction, not that there’s going to be any record. I’m also able to fund my own study.
Heyy J.P_Gruntfuttock

Sorry to hear that you are struggling, but it is nice to hear you have decided to take a break and do what's best for you.

At the moment, Liverpool Hope is offering a Psychology MSc which is a conversion course. For entry on to this course, we normally ask for a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours Degree in a relevant discipline plus minimum GCSE Maths grade C (Grade 4 or above in the new grading system) or Equivalent. I would also look at other universities that offer this course and see what their entry requirements are.

You can also always call universities and explain your situation (if you are comfortable with doing so) and they may be able to give you further reassurance.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck with everything, let me know if you need anything else.

Ashley
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In addition to the above poster's advice, did you see whether your MA university could provide you with a transcript or exit qualification (PGCert or PGDip) to reflect the work you did with them?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
If you are sfe financed, then you need to make it clear what happened/ mh reasons for not handing work in.
Ask your tutor if they would write a reference to that effect.
Get a medical letter from GP confirming your mh troubles.

You can then apply for compelling personal reasons to get the finance reinstated.
Do check carefully whether Psychology is really worth it as there is a saturation in the market.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%