The Student Room Group

How to choose a course? Better grade or challenging?

I got offers from leeds and soas, and i found that leeds course is more easy for me... like i have learnt them in my country’s high school, so it might be easier for me to get a nice grade. For soas, the courses are more challenging to me and those are questions that i always think about, I hope to solve these difficulties in my mind but im not confident in myself. So i afraid that i’ll get a worser grade haha. Should i go for the course that could get better grades or more challenging ones? Many thanks!
it would help if you stated what course you want to do, and what the offers are
Original post by Borhap
I got offers from leeds and soas, and i found that leeds course is more easy for me... like i have learnt them in my country’s high school, so it might be easier for me to get a nice grade. For soas, the courses are more challenging to me and those are questions that i always think about, I hope to solve these difficulties in my mind but im not confident in myself. So i afraid that i’ll get a worser grade haha. Should i go for the course that could get better grades or more challenging ones? Many thanks!

Are these offers you've received in clearing?

Anyway, I wouldn't think about it like this. Instead, I'd look at the course content in more detail and try to work out which course more closely matches my interests and which I'd prefer studying.

It's also a good idea to think about location- living in London will be considerably more expensive than living in Leeds, for example.
Reply 3
Original post by Jaguar1200
it would help if you stated what course you want to do, and what the offers are

Asia Pacific studies and politics from leeds and politics and history from soas
Reply 4
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Are these offers you've received in clearing?

Anyway, I wouldn't think about it like this. Instead, I'd look at the course content in more detail and try to work out which course more closely matches my interests and which I'd prefer studying.

It's also a good idea to think about location- living in London will be considerably more expensive than living in Leeds, for example.

Nah leeds is my original firmed choice but i got soas from clearing... im fine with both locations! But i find tht courses in leeds are more basic, like they are for local Britains to learn about asia. But as a person from overseas who has studied history in high school, it pretty much has covered in my past studies. So i guess soas would be more challenging
Original post by Borhap
Nah leeds is my original firmed choice but i got soas from clearing... im fine with both locations! But i find tht courses in leeds are more basic, like they are for local Britains to learn about asia. But as a person from overseas who has studied history in high school, it pretty much has covered in my past studies. So i guess soas would be more challenging

It sounds like the SOAS course might offer you more? Personally, I'd probably prefer that to doing a degree that covered content I'd already learned in school. But equally it might depend on where/what field you see yourself working in?

How long do you have to decide about the SOAS offer? Would SOAS offer you accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending