fatema123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
How can a business protect their customers money?

and if a business was to take out a loan, is the bank they are with entitled to take that money?
Bitesizelaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by fatema123)
How can a business protect their customers money?

and if a business was to take out a loan, is the bank they are with entitled to take that money?
A trust is the most obvious way of protecting customers money. Go back to basic principles regarding the nature of the beneficial interest and enforcement against third parties. Have a look at the case of Re Kayford as an example of how customers money was protected through the use of a trust.

With regard to banks and loans; the classic case on this is Quistclose.

More generally, you need to look at the distinction between personal and proprietary remedies and defences to proprietary claims in particular.

Please give me a 'thumbs up' by clicking on the button below if you find my advice helpful. Thank you. :yy:

Amanda Grant (private property law tutor) a.k.a. BiteSizeLaw
https://www.linkedin.com/in/amanda-grant-bitesizelaw
Last edited by Bitesizelaw; 1 month ago
fatema123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Bitesizelaw)
A trust is the most obvious way of protecting customers money. Go back to basic principles regarding the nature of the beneficial interest and enforcement against third parties. Have a look at the case of Re Kayford as an example of how customers money was protected through the use of a trust.

With regard to banks and loans; the classic case on this is Quistclose.

More generally, you need to look at the distinction between personal and proprietary remedies and defences to proprietary claims in particular.

Amanda Grant (private property law tutor)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/amanda-grant-bitesizelaw
thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (0)
0%
They've been reasonable (4)
28.57%
Not feeling great... (7)
50%
They are TERRIBLE! (3)
21.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise