My action plan after a church activity

Watch this thread
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
After leaving the 2019 Youth Conference held by my church yesterday, I know that I have to have faith in God at all times and devote myself to him, just like the people in the bible stories.
Here is my detailed action plan:
1. I will NOT appeal to any of my exam results from Edexcel. God gives me the ability to get that result, so no matter what result it is, I will still thank God, as it is written in his plan for my life. I will also not care about any predicted grades, grade boundaries or predict any of my AS/A level results in the future, but will pray to God before every exam starts instead, and show one of the fruit of the Spirit, which is patience, to wait until results day without any countdown or looking back on the questions.
2. I will let God choose my future for me. For example, when I am going to choose my uni, I will first ask God for advice, and will leave my choices blank until he speaks to me. I will not rank the courses on my interest, but rank the choices on how heavy God weighs it.
More in my next post.
Last edited by 8013; 2 years ago
username2950448
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8013)
2. I will let God choose my future for me. For example, when I am going to choose my uni, I will first ask God for advice, and will leave my choices blank until he speaks to me.
Good luck with that.
Rep:
3. I will ask my classmates not to text me before 6:30 pm (5:30 pm on exam weeks and 1 week before exams), so I can have enough time to read the Bible in depth and know what God speaks to me. Even if they do, I will not reply to them until after 6:30 pm, when I put my phone out of airplane mode (I will turn it on until 6:30 pm)
4. I would like to care about those in need, so I can give out God's love to others, so you can see me replying to Study Help posts frequently from September.
5. I will not complain on anything as all of it is God's will, but to accept it.
6. I will refrain from watching any news report about the situation in HK, so I can be seperated from the world.
7. When I prepare for my ABRSM exam next year, I will use the hymn book from the church to practice sight reading after I completed the official one from AB.
Last edited by 8013; 2 years ago
Den Den
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
Good luck with that.
Thankfully, it's metaphorical. Christians believe that God orchestrates virtually every chance event, such as choice of the unknown (who knows precisely what is best for them?).

Could you avoid being disrespectful please? The guy is trying to establish a clearer mind in a very stressful time. Doubt people attack you for your own lack of faith.
Last edited by Den Den; 2 years ago
Den Den
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8013)
3. I will ask my classmates not to text me before 6:30 pm (5:30 pm on exam weeks and 1 week before exams), so I can have enough time to read the Bible in depth and know what God speaks to me. Even if they do, I will not reply to them until after 6:30 pm, when I put my phone out of airplane mode (I will turn it on until 6:30 pm)
4. I would like to care about those in need, so I can give out God's love to others, so you can see me replying to Study Help posts frequently from September.
5. I will not complain on anything as all of it is God's will, but to accept it.
6. I will refrain from watching any news report about the situation in HK, so I can be seperated from the world.
7. When I prepare for my ABRSM exam next year, I will use the hymn book from the church to practice sight reading after I completed the official one from AB.
Though God doesn't want you to be isolated from others mate.

Quite the opposite, he tells people to "Not abandon their meetings with others..." - Hebrews 10:25
morebless14
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Wow, just wow I admire your faith. Are you getting your GCSE results? If so I also believe He will do wonders for you as He did with my results last year. Keep holding onto your faith. I struggle with having faith sometimes but I continue to persevere through prayer in doing so, and God has brought me amazing opportunities such as residentials and medicine related placements in Oxforde is an unfailing God. I need to continue to commit everything to God the same way you have. God bless xx
mgi
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8013)
After leaving the 2019 Youth Conference held by my church yesterday, I know that I have to have faith in God at all times and devote myself to him, just like the people in the bible stories.
1. I will NOT appeal to any of my exam results from Edexcel. God gives me the ability to get that result, so no matter what result it is, I will still thank God, as it is written in his plan for my life. I will also not care about any predicted grades, grade boundaries or predict any of my AS/A level results in the future, but will pray to God before every exam starts instead, and show one of the fruit of the Spirit, which is patience, to wait until results day without any countdown or looking back on the questions.
2. I will let God choose my future for me. For example, when I am going to choose my uni, I will first ask God for advice, and will leave my choices blank until he speaks to me. I will not rank the courses on my interest, but rank the choices on how heavy God weighs it.
More in my next post.
This sounds like you don't want to take responsibility for anything in your life.
Rep:
(Original post by Den Den)

Quite the opposite, he tells people to "Not abandon their meetings with others..." - Hebrews 10:25
So I mean I still have meetings after 6:30 pm, and will still spend some recess times to play card games with my classmates.
Rep:
(Original post by mgi)
This sounds like you don't want to take responsibility for anything in your life.
I would only put my own interest to rank courses if I don't know how heavy God weighs them.
BlueSoybean
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago

I think he means not being like the world (worldly). which God does want.
BlueSoybean
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8013)
More in my next post.
what if God doesn't speak to you? then what will you do?

nice action plan 👍
Rep:
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
what if God doesn't speak to you? then what will you do?

nice action plan 👍
I will only go to my interests to pick uni courses if God does not help me.
BlueSoybean
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8013)
I will only go to my interests to pick uni courses if God does not help me.
cool. I don't think it'd mean God's not helping you though, probably that he already approves of the choices you desire to pick.
Den Den
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8013)
So I mean I still have meetings after 6:30 pm, and will still spend some recess times to play card games with my classmates.
Solid stuff! I tend to sometimes retreat from people when things head south.

(Original post by Leviathan1611)
I think he means not being like the world (worldly). which God does want.
That's true. But you cant forget that being with the world let's you talk to them. They might need you just as much as you need them
Last edited by Den Den; 2 years ago
BlueSoybean
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
That's true. But you cant forget that being with the world let's you talk to them. They might need you just as much as you need them
you can still do all that and not be like the world. I've heard the phrase "be in the world, but not of the world"
mgi
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8013)
I would only put my own interest to rank courses if I don't know how heavy God weighs them.
???
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
So God’s already decided every second of your life? No free will then.
CityofMud
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Not a Christian but as a fellow godly person: not being worldly means not being materialistic! It does NOT mean you don’t care about what’s going on in the world.
Also God doesn’t exactly tell you what to do, if you’re stuck you pray for help and then get a feeling about what you’re supposed to do...
mgi
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You get a feeling?
Rep:
I have 2 more now:
9. Change some of the phrases currently used, in order to match the expectations of the Bible. For example, 'I hope you enjoyed my presentation' will not be used by me anymore, as I think that this is for seeking earthly gain, after reading Matthew Chapter 6 today. This sentence will be replaced by 'This is the end of my presentation', which is more neutral.
10. In point 4 as said before, if I were to reply to Study Help posts, I will send a private message of my help to the OP instead of replying to the thread itself, so I can 'give in the dark'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads