Accommodation in clearing Watch

A*my
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If you don’t get uni accommodation how bad is your first year going to be?
A*my
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by A*my)
Socially, I mean
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by A*my)
You will need to put in a more conscious effort to mix with people during Freshers week, as you won't have a ready-made group of people to tag along with, but otherwise it'll be fine.

Will you be living at home or in a student house if you don't get uni accommodation?
Miles1028392949
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by A*my)
if you are looking for a place for accommodation i have a flat which you may be interested in, £109 per week on a 44 week contract which covers the academic year. if your interested just let me know, thanks
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Miles1028392949)
if you are looking for a place for accommodation i have a flat which you may be interested in, £109 per week on a 44 week contract which covers the academic year. if your interested just let me know, thanks
They might not be studying in the same city as you, so you need to specific about the location.
The Student Housing Company
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by A*my)
Hey - Will you be staying at home if you don't get into the Uni Halls? There are other options such as Private accommodation - If you start looking now and give some providers a call they may be able to see if they have any flats with first years still available Jess C
Miles1028392949
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
They might not be studying in the same city as you, so you need to specific about the location.
(Original post by A*my)
In the Huddersfield area very close to centre, thought I mentioned that but guess I missed it
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
A relative who got a place in Clearing was given accom in a University run house, not Halls. Initially annoyed, she soon realised that the house was a) the nearest accom to campus, b) cheaper, c) a group of really great people. She is now sharing a 3rd year house with the same people. So - don't assume that 'Halls' is everything.

PS. One place to look for spare rooms in existing student flat shares (ie. if you get offered no Uni accom at all) : https://student.spareroom.co.uk/
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey,

It completely depends. You can get Halls accommodation (i.e. Unite Students, things like that) or you can get private accommodation. In my opinion, university halls are the way to go, even for the first few years. Ease of bills, everything all wrapped into one, while you find your feet and begin working your way to being independent.

I think, socially, it's best to go in Halls, really. You meet so many people. BUT... it's not the be all and end all. Making friends with people on your course is good incentive. You'll be with them for years, some of them will drop the course (moving to others) and you'll create a good friendship branch that way.

Hope this helps
Joshua
A*my
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
You will need to put in a more conscious effort to mix with people during Freshers week, as you won't have a ready-made group of people to tag along with, but otherwise it'll be fine.

Will you be living at home or in a student house if you don't get uni accommodation?
I’d be living in a student house
A*my
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Student Housing Company)
Hey - Will you be staying at home if you don't get into the Uni Halls? There are other options such as Private accommodation - If you start looking now and give some providers a call they may be able to see if they have any flats with first years still available Jess C
Not sure what uni I would be going to yet (it’s if I look in clearing). Also most universities seem to be able to help you find accommodation
A*my
Rep:
?
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hey,

It completely depends. You can get Halls accommodation (i.e. Unite Students, things like that) or you can get private accommodation. In my opinion, university halls are the way to go, even for the first few years. Ease of bills, everything all wrapped into one, while you find your feet and begin working your way to being independent.

I think, socially, it's best to go in Halls, really. You meet so many people. BUT... it's not the be all and end all. Making friends with people on your course is good incentive. You'll be with them for years, some of them will drop the course (moving to others) and you'll create a good friendship branch that way.

Hope this helps
Joshua
What do you mean some of them will drop the course?
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by A*my)
I’d be living in a student house
In that case, you may get on with the housemates there (although they may be second and third years). There are always going to be lots of opportunities to meet new people if you're living within the university city.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads