Uni essentials for freshers Watch

The University of Law Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone, I thought I would write out everything you will typically need if you are starting Uni in September, hopefully it helps someone!

The main things are stationary; notepads, pens, highlighters (which will soon become your best friend) and folders. I had one folder for each module and it keeps everything so much more organised.

Other essentials include a good backpack/ bag, reusable coffee cups and water bottles, tuppaware to fill with lunch and snacks.

If you are moving to London then have a look at Oyster cards, it may be worth purchasing weekly tickets if you are in most days, however if you are only in 2-3 days then it may be cheaper using your contactless card. The same applies to Universities all over- check out the local transport and see what deals are on!

Another transport tip is choosing which bank to open up your student account with. I chose Santander and received a free 16-25 railcard which remains valid for 3 years, meaning I save a ton of money if travelling home! Take a look at what banks offer and choose which deal suits you best.

Join Facebook or WhatsApp chats of your soon-to-be classmates as it is a great way to organise freshers events and make friends before you even start :-)

Tasha
(University of Law student)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
p_helena
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads