Losing my job of nationwide Watch

Parik
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello there,
I got a job from nationwide. They took too much time for starting my security screening process. My joining date will be next Monday. Today they call me and told me 'security watchdog' need more time to complete my screening and the next joining date will be in February. And I am not able to join next monday . I am very sad . Is there any possibility they will give me a job next year February?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Parik)
Hello there,
I got a job from nationwide. They took too much time for starting my security screening process. My joining date will be next Monday. Today they call me and told me 'security watchdog' need more time to complete my screening and the next joining date will be in February. And I am not able to join next monday . I am very sad . Is there any possibility they will give me a job next year February?
You need to be discussing this with nationwide, no-one on here will be able to give you a firm answer.

It sounds like there might be an opportunity for your to join in February, but you really need to clarify this with your prospective employer.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Parik)
Hello there,
This seems unclear about who and why too much time was taken?

Is this a DBS check?

Was it down to you?
Down to Nationwide?
Down to DBS and third parties?

If it is a DBS then consider getting it done and paying for the online result, which they can just check immediately and know the result is up to date.

That means when they do it next time there will be no delay. It costs £13 a year.

If its their fault I would chase it up, if its your fault then you have yourself to blame and if its a third party then its the 3rd parties fault. Your post is unclear.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Judging only by the OPs English, they have lived overseas. The security checking usually stalls at the overseas police forces and different standards of information held, different controlling organisations and different speeds of work. If the Nationwide want something like a 5 year history of addresses, employment and criminal record checks done in somewhere without an very UK equivalent culture in regard to record keeping, it can take ages. Nationwide would have started the recruitment process on the assumption everyone could be checked in a standard time, based on UK processes. I suspect the OP just doesn't have that background and the 3rd party company can't meet the deadline for an August start.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%