Advice for putting together speech and language msc application Watch

Salt1991
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m applying for September 2020 entry for speech therapy, at the moment at Reading, UCL and city. I think applications open mid-September. I would love any advice from anyone who has been through the process.

-any advice for how to structure personal statement?
-do you think getting my application in as early as possible will mean early interview therefore earlier response? Or is it worth spending longer on it/waiting until I’ve gone to open evenings?
-do you have any recommendations for resources I can swot up on?
-I know you can’t reveal interview specifics, but how do you think I could guide my interview practice? I’m someone who needs to pre-prepare answers like crazy as I get very anxious on the spot!
-I know those 3 unis have different approaches. Any UCL/reading/City specific info? I haven’t been able to go to any of the open evenings this year due to work commitments.

Thank you so so much in advance!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Salt1991)
I’m applying for September 2020 entry for speech therapy, at the moment at Reading, UCL and city. I think applications open mid-September. I would love any advice from anyone who has been through the process.

-any advice for how to structure personal statement?
-do you think getting my application in as early as possible will mean early interview therefore earlier response? Or is it worth spending longer on it/waiting until I’ve gone to open evenings?
-do you have any recommendations for resources I can swot up on?
-I know you can’t reveal interview specifics, but how do you think I could guide my interview practice? I’m someone who needs to pre-prepare answers like crazy as I get very anxious on the spot!
-I know those 3 unis have different approaches. Any UCL/reading/City specific info? I haven’t been able to go to any of the open evenings this year due to work commitments.

Thank you so so much in advance!
have you gotten any relevant experience if so put that in your personal statement.
Salt1991
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Bump - anyone with any advice? Would particularly appreciate anybody who has been through the process
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.52%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.91%
Terrified (380)
22.24%
Meh (168)
9.83%
Confused (37)
2.17%
Putting on a brave face (234)
13.69%
Impatient (214)
12.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise