Joe555
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by asadwaheed)
what would u write about genetic engineering?
like how would u spread it across different modules to get breadth marks?
You would either do:
a). Rip up your exam paper whilst saying "****** this sh**"
b). Cry
c). choose a different question

But i really don't think it will be genetic engineernig....
Ali_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sheena18)
ali thanks so so much
how do you remember all the content, bcause you were able to pick out specific things very well, and i know all of the stuff you said, but just wouldnt think to pick them out of everything that i crammed in?
No problem...
Different things work for different people, but what I would do is break the question up... there's the key word "ion", where instantly stuff like sodium, potassium, nitrates etc spring to mind, then its just a matter of linking them to both plants and animals...going through each individually to make sure that you cover as many topics as possible and get the 'breadth' marks :cool:

I find spider diagrams useful, but that might just be me...
alice.elizabeth
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Joe555)
Small intestine absorbtion, mirco villi etc., stomata increase surface area for diffusion for photosynthesis, roots in xerophytes, lungs + aveoli, ADH + re-absorbtion of water, digestion of proteins + lipids (bile etc.), Gas exchange of oxygen
Surface area to volume..hmm, I know small intestine, stomata, roots, and the emulsion of lipids increases surface area, however, does volume really come into that?

Sure, you can do the fick's law, do the whole gas exhange and extend as well to heat loss, but I'm not entirely sure about some of the things you mentioned being volume related.

And saying that, it has never really come up, aspects have, such as in gas exchange have...but that is because an essay on surface area would not allow you to go into the depth needed to write a couple of sides I don't think.

But then I may be wrong, so lmk
x
Kashya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im gonna write out essay plans for lipids and blood and see what goes from there.
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well whenever we talk about increased surface are what we really mean to say is surface are:volume. I mean you could have a large surface area and a large volume, then what they'd jsut balance out surely.

Been trying to cram on all the module 2 stuff i've forgotten like PCR, Animal oestrus and control, FSH, LH, Oestrogen, Progesterone, Electrophoresis and Protein Synthesis.

Also module 5 stuff liek Chi-Squared which i never really understood and Diversity Index (not that it'll come up)
sheena18
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
can someone clarify, pepsin and trypsin - are they enzymes used in protein digestion?
PhilMc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Are you lot brainstorming in the exam?
alice.elizabeth
Report 11 years ago
But then I suppose if you are increasing surface area, you are increasing the ratio between surface area to volume...
Okies, you can ignore me possibly :P

Hope that doesn't come up now!
x
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by PhilMc)
I assume you mean thought showering (since brainstorming is offensive and apparently mind maps are now as well)

Yeah but not on the lines, those lines are precious.

Save 6 lines at the top for a plan, then dive in, but only do a plan once i've chosen.
Ali_
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
dude, you cant say that...its politically incorrect.

mind mapping, though? sure.

EDIT:
(Original post by Pepe Le Poosh)
brainstorming is offensive and apparently mind maps are now as well
say what?!!!
emilY?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
can someone clarify, pepsin and trypsin - are they enzymes used in protein digestion?

Yep, they're endopeptidases
blahbloo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not politically correct? How do you mean? I hope that was a joke, cos that wasn't a very good one...
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ali_)
dude, you cant say that...its politically incorrect.

mind mapping, though? sure.

EDIT:

say what?!!!
I know its PC gone wrong.

Thought showers though...
PhilMc
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Brainstorming is offensive?

WHAT? Someone explain.
rachell_
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Does anyone think that when they start writing the essay question it will all just... appear from nowhere? I'm hoping that happens (same with my geography) to be honest =/
marsalltheway
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by asadwaheed)
• Lipids (the only unit 1 nutrient not yet done)
Metabolism
Bile
Lipase
Micelles
Chylomicrons
Phospholipid Bilayer
Triglycerides
what would you say for the essay title 'the functions of mineral ions in plants and animals'

i dont know why im stumped, im probably just letting the stress get to me :s
i predicted the same titles!! ive done plans hope either comes up now!!
also water, ATP possible titles??!!

is anyone not just happy to finally finish biology? i personally hate it now, its just a colossal amt of info!!
rachell_
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just one quick question... how long is the essay supposed to be? I have pretty small handwriting so...

We haven't been told anything about it at all =/

We only finished the course a couple of days ago & it's all been pretty much... wrong... So I'm royally screwed tomorrow!
marsalltheway
Report 11 years ago
essay is however much you think, lol!
really tho, it depends, if u get a good title you can write until u run out of time. im aiming to cover at least 1and a half pages as an iddication ive done enough.
ive heard that some people do as much as three or more pages tho!!!!

i think its best to concentrate on the main exam paper than the essay! it just works u up and technically u can get an A without the essay! its like 64/65 out of 100 for an A and the essays out of 25 so u can lose about 15-20 marks on the paper and do an OK essay (about 15+) and still probably get an A! hopefully anyway.
PhilMc
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Good point about the rest of the exam paper.. Hmmmm.

This is crap being most of our last exam, it means we're almost free - but not quite. It's been the hardest to revise for.
Lunty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Good point about the rest of the exam paper.. Hmmmm.

This is crap being most of our last exam, it means we're almost free - but not quite. It's been the hardest to revise for.
you havent got chemistry on thursday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads