Educate me - recommend Non-fiction

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I was hoping that people could recommend excellent non-fiction reads that they have enjoyed recently. I mostly read fiction and I have realised that though fiction is invaluable, I must every now and then return back to reality. The topics that I really need to educate myself on are:
- Politics
- Economics
- Religion / society
- Human rights/ international conflict

Thank you
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick. I can't recommend it enough.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Quick-use)
Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick. I can't recommend it enough.
Thank you! I will add it on my list and order it soon. I am just always so cautious about reading material because nowadays everyone has an agenda and I don't quite know what to believe/ who to believe. So it is much more helpful asking other people to recommend reads.
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're interested in that part of history, and the associated politics/human rights issues, there's one called The Tiananmen Papers that I once read and found very interesting. Can be picked up cheaply too.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Although not concerning politics or societal issues, I've heard that Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer is an exceptional book. I can't wait to read it myself. :fluffy:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Quick-use)
Although not concerning politics or societal issues, I've heard that Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer is an exceptional book. I can't wait to read it myself. :fluffy:
Lol feel free to list as many books on here as you like. At this point my head is so empty, I will willingly fill it with anything and everything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top