Changed my mind about my firm Watch

stressica1002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I received an offer from the university of exeter for medicine, however did not firm or insure it. Results day is next week, but I think I would really like to try and go to exeter if I could. How would I go about this?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by stressica1002)
I received an offer from the university of exeter for medicine, however did not firm or insure it. Results day is next week, but I think I would really like to try and go to exeter if I could. How would I go about this?
Honestly, for medicine, you might be stuck. A few unis had clearing places for medicine last year, but AFAIK, Exeter wasn't one of them.

You could try contacting the uni, to see what they say, but I think it's unlikely they will be open to taking additional students at this stage.

Are you currently holding offers for medicine?
Uni of Exeter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by stressica1002)
Hi. The only thing I can suggest is that you call the Clearing helpline on Thursday morning as soon as you have your results - we open at 07:00 and the number will be on the website later this week. As has been said, Medicine is a highly competitive course, but a speculative phone call won't hurt and you never know......

Karen
stressica1002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Honestly, for medicine, you might be stuck. A few unis had clearing places for medicine last year, but AFAIK, Exeter wasn't one of them.

You could try contacting the uni, to see what they say, but I think it's unlikely they will be open to taking additional students at this stage.

Are you currently holding offers for medicine?
yes I am, I received offers from Cardiff Bristol and Exeter. I firmed Cardiff and put a non-medical degree as my insurance as I was worried I wasn't going to get the grades. Regret that now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%