stressica1002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Where is the best place to stay in exeter? I would ideally like something very sociable and self-catered
Ljf3030
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The best two areas of accommodation at Exeter are Holland Hall and Birks Grange Village (which I have applied to) which have modern self-catered accommodation but all halls are generally of the same quality just make sure it’s not too far away from the Centre of the uni. You can find the map of where everything on the accommodation part of the universities website.Hope this helps
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
As someone who goes to Exeter, it’s definitely Lafrowda. Everyone who’s applied there loves it, everyone who didn’t apply there wishes they did, it’s very sociable, always a party, self catered, on campus and I think it has the cheapest rent.

Birks is nice but you have to go up and then down a MASSIVE hill. Imagine doing that at 8:30 in the morning to get to a lecture or drunk at 2am coming back from a night out… yeah, no.

Holland Hall is really nice but it’s full of snobby people. The sterotyoe is true, and if they weren’t rich/snobby before going there, they will be after to fit in. I’m telling you the best is lafrowfa, you’ll thank me or regret you didn’t take my advice!
iris_17
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! The most popular accomodations that are self-catered are Lafrowda and Birks Grange Village. They're both huge complexes and both pretty central to campus (although if at Birks, you have to contend with Cardiac Hill every day but at least your legs will be amazing by the end of the year!). You'll hear that Lafrowda is the most 'social' accomodation, but of course it completely depends on who you're with - plus, 4 people apply to every 1 bed Lafrowda has, so there will be plenty in other accomodations who unfortunately don't get Lafrowda, who are super social!

For the list of self-catered accomodations, here's the link to the university website:
https://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodati...s/selfcatered/

Hope this helped in some way!
WobblyCat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was in old lafrowda and lovedd it, if you're dead set on lafrowda accomodation apply for old lafrowda (single standard) rather than en-suite because its less popular I think than ensuite, thats if you're not bothered about sharing bathrooms of course. Its also one of the more affordable- Holland Hall is very beautiful but full of posh rich kids so if you're not from that kind of background you might struggle to fit in. After Lafrowda I would apply for Birks because its a massive student village not far from campus so its quite social and good for making friends
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As others have said Lafrowda is the place to be. Close to town and also close to campus (like Birks but without the big ****ing hill :lol)
Arisapo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone know what Mardon Hall is like?

It’s the one I’ve been allocated, although it was my second choice.
username3046592
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Arisapo)
Anyone know what Mardon Hall is like?

It’s the one I’ve been allocated, although it was my second choice.
I'm in Mardon. Its meant to have a really good community spirit!!! Have you joined the fb chat?
Arisapo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emilywebb00)
I'm in Mardon. Its meant to have a really good community spirit!!! Have you joined the fb chat?
No I haven’t yet as just got the notification it’s my hall — could you send me a link?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.19%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.77%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (27)
16.17%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.37%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
26.95%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (31)
18.56%

Watched Threads