The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
is there anyone here who is going manchester for optometry this year?
Original post by Inas24
Hi

Yes I’m studying optometry at Aston this september :smile:

hii
im studying optometry at aston too, are you staying on campus?
Reply 322
Original post by yasnin123444
hii
im studying optometry at aston too, are you staying on campus?

Hii
No I’m commuting
Are you staying on campus?
Original post by Uru__
is there anyone here who is going manchester for optometry this year?

hv u gotten ur offer yet
Reply 324
Original post by blahblah344409
hv u gotten ur offer yet

yes, i got my unconditional on results day
Hello, I'm currently trying to register for the general optical council, but I am really worried because they ask for somone to certify your identification. In these times I cannot go to my college to certify my identification, so what do i do? It also says they have to know me for 2 years. Can I ask my doctor or optician to certify and sign to verify my identification? When is the deadline for the registration process? I would appreciate any help, thank you.
I'm kinda struggling with this too.I'm thinking of asking my neighbour but if you can't find anyone else maybe email a teacher and ask them if you can come in and get it done and then email the rest of the form to them. You can go to your doc/optician if they've known you for at least 2 yrs, but call ahead and ask if they would be willing to esp with covid. I'm not sure about the deadline. Whoever certifies your identification must meet the following criteria that i copied from the goc website:

Who can certify your identification?

•a registered optometrist or registered dispensing optician,

•a registered medical or healthcare practitioner, (including doctors, dentists, pharmacists)

•aregistered professional such as a solicitor or barrister, engineer, architect or accountant (accountants must be registered with ICAEW, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, or ICAS, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland, or Chartered Accountants Ireland.)

•a justice of the peace,

•a principal of an educational institution which granted the applicant a qualification or a person authorised by the principal of that institution (in practice a teacher or lecturerat a school or college where you obtained a qualification)
or

•another individual of similar standing in the community, which includes aminister of the Church, Rabbi, Imam or other religious official acceptable to the GOC•An individual from one of the professions above must have known the applicant for atleast two years and who certifies that the photograph is a true likeness of the applicant. They must not be related to or in a relationship with you or living at the same address

Hope this helps!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Gtsdfv543578
Hi

Anyone studying at Aston for Optometry this September
- Sabs xxx

Hi. I'm going to be starting Optometry at Aston this yr too !
Anyone applying for Hertfordshire or city 2021 entry?
im applying to city
Original post by harun03
im applying to city

B510 or B513?

Latest