The Student Room Group

High blood pressure??

I’m very inactive and I get a very fast heart beat even when sat down but I can’t even feel my pulse on my wrist or neck! What’s happeningggg, I’m so freaked out
Original post by anonymous11123xo
I’m very inactive and I get a very fast heart beat even when sat down but I can’t even feel my pulse on my wrist or neck! What’s happeningggg, I’m so freaked out

Obesity?
Go to the doctor my friend, Student Room can’t help you
I had a 24hour blood pressure monitor fitted for a short period, it is a bit more reliable than 'guessing' what your pressure is, or a smartwatch can record your heart-rate in real-time and derive a lot of helpful stuff, but as always, any worries - see your local doctor (or even pop in to your parapharmacist who can usually give a quick pro test too)

Speaking to a GP is doubtlessly a better option than posting it here.

Look after yourself and modify your sedentary lifestyle.
Original post by Anonymous
Obesity?

Nah I ain’t obese I’m apparently a healthy weight
Nah I ain’t obese I’m apparently a healthy weight

Might wanna get it checked out then Cos it could be an indication of something serious
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by S.carter
Might wanna get it checked out then Cos it could be an indication of something serious

I’ve checked tho and my mum can feel it but I can’t
Look, if you're not willing to go to the Doctor, or even pharmacist, then you're either attention seeking, or deserve to suffer the consequences.

Ps High blood pressure is known as the silent killer lool. GL sleeping, never know when that aortic aneurysm will pop!!
Original post by Anonymous
Look, if you're not willing to go to the Doctor, or even pharmacist, then you're either attention seeking, or deserve to suffer the consequences.

Ps High blood pressure is known as the silent killer lool. GL sleeping, never know when that aortic aneurysm will pop!!

Mum won't take me, I can't walk there it's too far away
Mum won't take me, I can't walk there it's too far away

Call 111, they'll advise you on what to do. Then tell your Mum what they say. If they tell you to go to a Doc, then make sure she takes you.
Get a bus or taxi or get a friend to give you a lift

Quick Reply

Latest