Catriona23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
It's a great Law school but I'm afraid it's definitely not top 3 as far as reputation goes. Maybe that's the case on certain league tables, but I might not believe them too easily...

In Scotland, Edinburgh is definitely number 1 and many law firms only end up taking graduates from UoE. Glasgow comes in second here and maybe top 10 or 20 within the context of the rest of the UK.
Um no. Glasgow is far more prestigious than Glasgow and ranks above Edinburgh for Law in most university rankings. Mainly due to the LNAT.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Catriona23)
Um no. Glasgow is far more prestigious than Glasgow and ranks above Edinburgh for Law in most university rankings. Mainly due to the LNAT.
Again, I can't help but overstate this to high school students - don't fully rely on online rankings to determine what's prestigious and what's not. Rankings are arbitrary.

Many top Law firms in Scotland (and England) are known to exclusively take Edinburgh Law graduates but not Glasgow graduates simply because of lack of brand awareness. Again, I can't comment on course quality - it could be that the content of the Glasgow Law course is better - but as far as reputation/brand and history goes, Edinburgh wins out on prestige.
Last edited by Quick-use; 4 weeks ago
Izzy McTamney
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got AAABB at higher in 5th year and university of Glasgow gave me a conditional offer for 6th year to get BB at advanced higher (which I took in English and modern studies) and another A at higher - so my conditions were relatively hard but I still a conditional with worse grades than you. So alongside a well thought out personal statement and a good score on the LNAT (which Glasgow uni requires you to take) I’m sure you’ll get a conditional at least - just make sure you still work hard in 6th year so you meet the conditions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
10%
Disagree (2)
10%
Neither agree or disagree (6)
30%
Agree (6)
30%
Strongly Agree (4)
20%

Watched Threads