I have no idea what I want to do anymore at university Watch

B-raa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I thought about going into media or film production at first but I realsied whilst I love doing that I'm not comfortable with the unstable work environment. My a-levels are business and media but I'm taking a btec in health and social care. My family keeps wanting me to do medicine but I've made it clear that I'm not going into that.

I've been looking at courses for accountancy, law and business but I'm just a huge mess in general right now. Any advice?
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd maybe consider looking into Foundation courses if you want to branch out (that and also they're rather lax with their entry requirements) because, at least that way, you can see what it is like (both uni and the idea of the basics of the course) and it normally offers you a range of courses PLUS a guaranteed spot at that uni the following year.
Either that or take a gap year.

I did a science foundation year at UWE and the course allowed me into the following;

Biomedical Science <-- my choice...
Biology
Forensics
Environmental Sciences
Psychology

So, those are the only options I can offer you right now but it might be worth looking into.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by B-raa)
I thought about going into media or film production at first but I realsied whilst I love doing that I'm not comfortable with the unstable work environment. My a-levels are business and media but I'm taking a btec in health and social care. My family keeps wanting me to do medicine but I've made it clear that I'm not going into that.

I've been looking at courses for accountancy, law and business but I'm just a huge mess in general right now. Any advice?
Are you at all interested in accountancy, law and business or is it purely based on you worrying about job security?

You should have a look at some joint honours degrees, maybe find a mix between something you love and something that will offer stability, what other subjects are you interested in?

Have a look on UCAS for a course that'll spark intrigue - https://digital.ucas.com/search/results
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads