Any mature students at UEA starting in September 2019? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey Everyone
I am a mature student of 30 years and I’m feeling a bit more nervous the closer we get to the freshers week.
Are there any other mature students starting at UEA this September?
Disbloke
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, bound to be a few starting. I’m heading into my 2nd year. Scholars bars is great as is a bit quieter than some other areas and is mature/post grads only.

I’ve had a great time last year and age has never come up. I’m 49, and not joined in any of the student drunkenness.
mirochi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm 26 and going to be MsC international student. I'm quite anxious about it
Not_Too_Old_Yet
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ll be starting adult nursing next month at the age of 38. And if I didn’t feel old enough already it’s looking likely I’ll be starting at UEA alongside some of my school friends children!
REH89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ll be 30 the week commencing of the degree and I’m doing my adult nursing too. I shall see you there! I’m feeling a little nervous I won’t lie.
Bambae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Also starting in September at the grand old age of 25. Part of why I chose UEA is that it does seem to have a good attitude to older students and people who've taken non-traditional routes to education. We'll be fine.

The only thing that gives me a little pause is that I'll be renting privately which means initially going to fresher's weeks events alone. But eh, I'm confident and will wing it
LauraB31
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I’m 31 and due to start adult nursing in September. I’m also feeling quite nervous about starting since finishing college in June, not quite sure how I will manage to fit studies in again as I don’t know what I do with my time off now. Looking forward to meeting you all. Laura xx
username4227962
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'm 25 and starting English and American Literature in September! Also renting privately so will probably give the freshers events a miss.
Fte
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
26 and doing Computing Science in September. I'll be passing on the drinking related freshers events but I'll definitely be going to the sports clubs and societies fairs. I'm renting privately too, the accommodation is a rip off! I'll be paying much less for a bigger house share than what I would be at the Uni.
Bambae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Fte)
26 and doing Computing Science in September. I'll be passing on the drinking related freshers events but I'll definitely be going to the sports clubs and societies fairs. I'm renting privately too, the accommodation is a rip off! I'll be paying much less for a bigger house share than what I would be at the Uni.
You're right about halls. The amount universities try to charge for accommodation is so obscenely out of kilter with market rents. I feel like they take advantage of the fact that younger students have never lived away from home before, and also their fear of missing out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UNDERGRADUATE OPEN DAY Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Sep '19
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%