The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else's uni cancelled ALL electives?

Yup Imperial just cancelled them all
Original post by anonymouse-12
Does anyone know what sort of points are needed to apply to South Thames continuity and guarantee two years in London?

Also pondering about that.
I'd think it would be quite competitive given the location and reputation, but reading past TSR discussions and other forums, apparently a lot of high scoring people choose continuity to remain outside London for both years, or at least the outer London hospitals near the M25. Have also heard horror stories of people with lower scores finding themselves in the middle of nowhere, so :confused:

Also done some number crunching using the continuity group quartiles from last year https://www.lpmde.ac.uk/laserecruitment/medical-foundation-recruitment/standard-foundation , and the 2020 continuity group jobs. About 33% of the 2-year jobs have all their sites within the M25, so assuming that everyone in the continuity group goes for these jobs, then you are likely to get if if your score falls within the top 2 quartiles
(edited 4 years ago)
Yup Imperial just cancelled them all

Damn, my medical school cancelled them as well

Did you guys do the PSA today? How did it go?
My University has also just cancelled our electives. Not sure what's going to happen with exams or making up for these placements
Damn, my medical school cancelled them as well

Did you guys do the PSA today? How did it go?

Found it really hard - soo time pressured and some questions were really rogue. Not like the mocks online :/
Found it really hard - soo time pressured and some questions were really rogue. Not like the mocks online :/

I felt the same after mine but I managed to pass with quite a good score. try not to dwell on it. the time pressure gives you little time to think but often your judgement is right. I don't know anybody from my sitting who failed.
Thanks for the info about GP guys :smile:
Original post by Mutmit287
not sure whether they will go ahead given the current situation with Covid-19 and it's affects on travel etc. could be a Skype interview.

the interview is nothing scary, it's informal and more so we can raise any Oh issues and they can ensure we are prepared and informed.

Oh dear god 🤦🏻*♀️ thanks for letting me know!!!!

24th and 29th April
24th and 29th April

where did you get this information?
PSA was all right I think, didnt feel like I failed... but who knows

Same. Hated it. Much worse than the online papers. Even harder than the hardest one on there.
Original post by Mutmit287
where did you get this information?

I emailed !
I emailed !

thank you - would you be able to provide me with the email address you used as I have a couple of questions I want to ask to the deanery.
All 5th year placements cancelled
OSCEs scheduled for May but strong possibility of these being cancelled and being graduated on the basis of previous performances and portfolio.

Anyone else's med school in a similar situation? I know Cambridge have also cancelled final OSCEs.

Early registration pending? Worrying times ahead.
OSCEs scheduled for May but strong possibility of these being cancelled and being graduated on the basis of previous performances and portfolio.

Anyone else's med school in a similar situation? I know Cambridge have also cancelled final OSCEs.

Mine too, though we sat finals in 4th year, with just the SJT and PSA this year. Still have the PSA in May, don't know if this will get cancelled too and what it will mean for prescribing as an FY1, interesting times ahead certainly
(edited 4 years ago)

What uni?
I wonder how hard it’d be to get into your top 10 jobs in coast and country for south Thames 🤔

Which university?
Original post by Sphincter
Mine too, though we sat finals in 4th year, with just the SJT and PSA this year. Still have the PSA in May, don't know if this will get cancelled too and what it will mean for prescribing as an FY1, interesting times ahead certainly

yeah same. our theory finals were last year. just the OSCE this year. i can't see them taking place given the fact the "peak" is to hit in 6-8 weeks.
Original post by Sphincter

The virus is going to be growing much more, and things are only going to escalate. Placements were cancelled before. Seems like more may follow suit.

Latest

Trending

Trending