social classes and dating Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
After half a year of dating, my ex gf found out i was "poor" by which i mean that my parents earn together around as much as one of hers. This wasn't a secret, it just never came up. After finding this out she has decided that she wants nothing to do with me at all. Any advice on how to take this, cause this kind of betrayal cuts deep, and i thought we where closer than that.
bekahchu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
*hugs*

I'm sorry to here she did that, and IMO she's a naive ***** if she think it makes the slightest bit of difference. You're better shot of her.

Hope you're OK
Jaager
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
After half a year of dating, my ex gf found out i was "poor" by which i mean that my parents earn together around as much as one of hers. This wasn't a secret, it just never came up. After finding this out she has decided that she wants nothing to do with me at all. Any advice on how to take this, cause this kind of betrayal cuts deep, and i thought we where closer than that.
welcome to the class system....
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's awful of her! My advice is to go out and find someone who isn't so shallow, you deserve better than her!
Clubber Lang
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jaager)
he has more class than her

is that what you mean?
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ouch, thats harsh.
cliche... but if someone dumps you because your 'poor' your better off without her!
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thanks, it was a problem in primary school, but at 18 everyone i know has grown out of it. after spending soo much time helping her with her problems it kinda smarts that she would do this. I honestly didn't see it comming
Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Totally agreeing with bekachu above.
Just don't let it get to you mate. Don't let her selfish act degrade you.
Funguy
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jaager)

seriously what are the different classes of this day and age?
Ed.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lets throw some Molotov cocktails at her house :ninja:
Tipitman
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Get shot she isn't a nice person, in fact to say what i would think of someone like that isn't civil.
Ella_belle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Admittedly, it did take you six months to find out that she's a completely substandard human being, so you're clearly not as close as you thought you were.

Seriously though, tell any mutual friends exactly what happened so that they know what type of person she is, and be glad that this happened before she had the butler forcibly remove you from the estate. You deserve someone much better.
Wyl
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
What a horrible person she sounds
Mastermind`
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
She sounds like a potential gold digger. You should have stolen as much money as you could from her or make her pay for everything.
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its quite funny actually. becuase obviously a girl who is as ignorant and naive as this cannot be clever AT ALL so she probably has crap grades and is just expecting to live of the bank of mum and dad for the rest of her life, but in reality her parents will stop giving her money after a while and shell just be a poor porper like "you". shes gonna look like a right mug in 10 years time, trust me lol
Anonymous #1
thanks, it was a problem in primary school, but at 18 everyone i know has grown out of it. after spending soo much time helping her with her problems it kinda smarts that she would do this. I honestly didn't see it comming
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It has got nothing to do with class.
It's to do with her being a shallow *****.
Clubber Lang
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the class systems we had before dont really exist in the same way because even the porest peopel have a fairly decent quality of life

demonstrated in this case because they went out for 6 months and the girl had no major reason to think the Op was poorer than her.

the class system of odl doesnt really exist in the same way as it did before, it is much more complex and isnt really just about money IMO.
DreamGirlx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Omg what a *****, just be glad you found out now and not like in a years time... I had no idea people were still like that in this day and age!

Do we really have a class system? I mean yeah, people are always going to have different amount of money, but I honestly didn't think people were like judged on it

God I sound incredibly naive haha
Anonymous #1
different classes are along the lines of lower class (me), working class, middle class, upper class, lower nobility, upper nobility, royalty. then there are stupid little sub class things like working lower class( also me)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (34)
19.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.45%

Watched Threads