social classes and dating Watch

Nonloso
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You are actually really lucky you got rid of her as someone else said. Who does she think she is?!
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
After half a year of dating, my ex gf found out i was "poor" by which i mean that my parents earn together around as much as one of hers. This wasn't a secret, it just never came up. After finding this out she has decided that she wants nothing to do with me at all. Any advice on how to take this, cause this kind of betrayal cuts deep, and i thought we where closer than that.
Study hard, get rich. Throw it in her face
stacey4415
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If she feels like that, then i guess there's nothing you can do, sorry
kaal1010
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Clubber Lang)
class is also about hwo you carry yourself, again the boudnaries are blurred

obviosuly she coudlnt tell you were a peasant within 6 months
lol good point. maybe youre working class trapped in an upper class persons body
stacey4415
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by supernova2)
Study hard, get rich. Throw it in her face

Hahaha
Juggy123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
become a success and chuck it by in her face, then buy her do her and discard of here, make money first
plastic-hearts--x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you're better off without her... forget about her and find someone who's more worthy of you!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Find someone who accepts you for who you are.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I don't know what i was expecting with her, i knew her from primary school, and i just felt kinda normal with her. Though we never really had much in common. I did like her though.

And to fizz*****, i know what you mean. We have never been well off, but my mum comes from a relatively well off family from london -only her and her siblings left alive, and her siblings avoid us- and my mum looks down her nose at people from round here, and it surprises some of my friends how much differance there is between my life style and theirs. I haven't got a particularly great home life to start with so i do envy other people with good ones. But it doesn't bother so much to have digs about it.
Anonymous #1
You offer alot of good advice all of you. I have the unfortunate thing of being a romantic, and holding onto lost love. I can't help it just how i am, And the chances of me finding a nice girl/boy who likes romance, since romance along with chivalry is dead, is slim let alone finding one who is willing to date someone who can't offer them much more than poetry and art, and walks.
Jerking My Gerking
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In revenge, I think you should post some nude pictures of her, for us. Purely in the name of revenge.
Nonloso
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You offer alot of good advice all of you. I have the unfortunate thing of being a romantic, and holding onto lost love. I can't help it just how i am, And the chances of me finding a nice girl/boy who likes romance, since romance along with chivalry is dead, is slim let alone finding one who is willing to date someone who can't offer them much more than poetry and art, and walks.
On the contrary, you sound great. Don't think about the girl or lost love, because she clearly wasn't worth it then, and she still isn't now.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
she sounds like a *****, simple.
i have to admit, anonymously, that i do consider the "class" of boys i get/think about getting involved with. i'm i guess lower middle class, and it's always working class boys. i don't have a problem with it, i respect people who aren't spoon fed and spoilt, but i always think about it
smooth3k
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Realise what a ***** she is, learn from your mistake and be glad to have gained the experience sooner rather than later.
Poshtotty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Aww don't be so pessimistic!
I'm sure you'll find someone.
And for me, poety, art and walks is perfect. I'd rather that than some rich, vain guy who lives in a mansion and drives a sports car, contrary to what people assume of me.

As I said in my previous post, a lot of people judge me on my "big posh house" and assume that I just throw money around. And they say I'm too "upper class". It really makes no difference to me because I believe in equality. Scrap the "classes".

Anonymous #1
How do you judge worth though? Can you blame somone for how they where brought up? or for wanting whats best for them? And to jerking I'd rather keep the pictures of her buried so i don't have to be reminded of her.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Poshtotty)
As I said in my previous post, a lot of people judge me on my "big posh house" and assume that I just throw money around. And they say I'm too "upper class". It really makes no difference to me because I believe in equality. Scrap the "classes".

Bit ironic considering your username though. I would like to point out that salary income does not necessarily equal class.
Anonymous #1
I regularly get called posh, and get funny looks when i laugh. I find that alot of people say they don't care about the class differance, but after awhile they want more than i can offer.
Poshtotty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Bit ironic considering your username though. I would like to point out that salary income does not necessarily equal class.
Yes. It was a spur of the moment thing when I was struggling to think of a username but desperately wanted to register an account. it's a nickname that my friends use for me so it was the first thing that popped into my head. It's only a username though.

And salary income isn't a measure of so called class. I agree. But you'll find that a lot of narrow minded people see it that way and that's why i constantly get a lot of things said to me at school that I think are completely irrelevent.
Delicious Dark Appeal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I regularly get called posh, and get funny looks when i laugh. I find that alot of people say they don't care about the class differance, but after awhile they want more than i can offer.
You'd be suprised how many girls would go for a guy like you. We're not all Goldigging *****es!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (95)
24.42%
No (294)
75.58%

Watched Threads