Magic_x
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Well i was wondering - i do home ec, biology and sociology a levels, will prob get A from home ec, maybe A or B from sociology...and biology...well i really done know!

anyway, my uni offer is 300 points, so is i get the two As ive got 240 points so i just need a D in biology. However, if i didnt get that, how likely would it be id still be allowed in, because it has nothing to do with my course (sociology), although i havent met the grades...?
~ Purple Rose ~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If they haven't specified specific grades in your subjects and you get 300 points, they will have to take you.
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes if you still get the 300 points they will take you.

If you don't quite manage the 300 though, its up to them whether they take you or not. I think its quite possible they would because as you have said Biology isnt that important for Sociology anyway. It would really depend how far away you were from meeting your conditions too.

There are certain factors that will help them make their decision though.
Obviously if the course is over subscribed, then unless you get the 300 you probably won't be given a place.
Have you checked to see whether your course is in Extra?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads