Kateasaurus
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ok so i want to apply for a job as a Barista at my local Starbucks in town.
Thing is there are no notices saying they're hiring so im just gonna hand my CV in.
I'm just confused as to what i should say when i hand it in?
Can i give it to anyone or does it have to be a manager? How will i know they they're not gonna just throw it in the bin? Do i just say 'here's my CV'?

I know it sounds stupid but im really confused lol
Any help is appreciated
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
Try putting it in an envelope and write on it "The Manager" and then hand it to a member of staff. That was they will feel obliged that they have to give it to the manager and are less likely to snoop through your CV or chuck it in the bin.

Good Luck
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ask one of the members of staff if the manager is around, they will get him for you (you dont have to say why) then just say to the manager you noticed they were hiring and would like to hand a cv in, give him a smile and dont trip on your way out

handing it to the manager in person is far better since it gives you the chance to make a lasting impression of yourself to him
Rian1988
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't give it too a member of staff they will just snoop through it and chuck it in the bin if they don't like you/know the manager doesn't like them and doesn't want to be replaced/hours cut.
Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ask at the till for an application form, and fill it out. Don't hand in a CV.
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
In my experience (which is applying to about 5 different branches) even if they don't have any specific vacancies they are happy to give you a form and keep you on file.
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The woman told me to take 1 app, and then photocopy it and hand it into many starbucks...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.82%
No I haven't decided yet (41)
20.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise