Grade 5 piano student playing in the University? Watch

RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As for Debussy, start yourself on this:
Prelude VI: Des pas sur la neige (Footsteps in the snow)

It's a really effective piece, but not too hard once you get your head round the various layers to it. About grade 4 standard when you include all the dynamics and articulation.

You could also try Prelude VIII: La fille aux cheveux de lin (The girl with the flaxen hair), which is a bit harder, maybe grade 5/6 standard.

Here's the score for the book which the two preludes are in:
Debussy Preludes Book 1

@ Mods: Debussy died in 1918, so his music is out of copyright worldwide (the country with the longest period of copyright being Canada; 90 years after the death of the author), in case you were wondering whether it's legal to post his scores here.
billyboymccoy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've only got grade 1, but tempted to take my synth. I just muck about on it , and am pretty rubbish on it. But its fun.
~Adel~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
To think of it now..getting a music student to teach me will be a good idea..and i might get it free of charge if he/she happens to be my friend. ^^

I don't quite like Debussy's pieces..somehow haven't learned the way to appreciate it. I prefer Beethoven and Chopin's pieces(for romantic and classical) and Bach(my favourite composer, and what more, of my favourite type of music-Baroque!)

I'll check out the scores you provided.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads