This discussion is closed.
Teofilo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
madeintheusa, that is pathetic BTW (the list I'm talking about).
Made in the USA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Teofilo)
madeintheusa, that is pathetic BTW (the list I'm talking about).
What is pathetic about it?
Teofilo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The fact that significant portions of it are untrue would be a start.

You're better than stooping that low, I would have thought.
Teofilo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just glancing through it.

Look at #30, #11, #43, #35. Load of ********, and that's just the start.

It's extremely rich for any McCain supporter to be going on about lobbyists given McCain's own lobbying record.
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I also thought these clips were funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGeu_4Ekx-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzFOO...eature=related

Honestly, there is no way a white guy with such a thin resume would ever have been taken seriously as a candidate for president of the United States.
Teofilo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
George Bush didn't exactly have a glittering CV 8 years ago, did he? For that matter, neither did Bill Clinton. Both were taken fairly seriously, wern't they?

The whole "race is the only reason Obama is where he is" is ********.
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just glancing through it.

Look at #30, #11, #43, #35. Load of ********, and that's just the start.

It's extremely rich for any McCain supporter to be going on about lobbyists given McCain's own lobbying record.
Number 43 is the one that accuses him of stealing speeches from other politicians. It is true, here is one of his many plagiarized speeches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYa8k09V7lI
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
George Bush didn't exactly have a glittering CV 8 years ago, did he? For that matter, neither did Bill Clinton. Both were taken fairly seriously, wern't they?

The whole "race is the only reason Obama is where he is" is ********.
Are you serious? You can’t compare a Governor, who is in charge of a state, to a senator or a congressman. There is a reason why senators are rarely elected president.
Teofilo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Made in the USA)
Are you serious? You can’t compare a Governor, who is in charge of a state, to a senator or a congressman. There is a reason why senators are rarely elected president.
There have been 16 former governors elected president. There have been 15 former senators (about to become 16 either way). That last statement is just not true.

To come to the conclusion that a governor has the requisite resume to become president simply because they served as a governor is the height of madness. It's irrelevant anyway, seeing as neither are governors.
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Those are senators who used to be governors.
Captain Crash
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Captain Crash)

Looks exactly like Dukakis vs. Bush senior in July 1988. And we know how that turned out
Teofilo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Polling this early isn't anything to get carried away about..

if obama wasn't 10 in front after the bounce, I would be very worried..
Captain Crash
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Made in the USA)
Looks exactly like Dukakis vs. Bush senior in July 1988. And we know how that turned out
The difference is that Dukakis's support was localised to the north west. Meanwhile the current prediction shows Obama winning all over the place - including the important swing rust belt and republican strongholds like Indiana where Obama is a couple of points ahead of McCain.

Also Dukakis didn't have republican senators openly supporting him like Obama does....
s.e.r.e.n.e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Captain Crash)
The difference is that Dukakis's support was localised to the north west. Meanwhile the current prediction shows Obama winning all over the place - including the important swing rust belt and republican strongholds like Indiana where Obama is a couple of points ahead of McCain.

Also Dukakis didn't have republican senators openly supporting him like Obama does....
This is a bit too optimistic. Nonetheless, "Iraq and Economy " will be giving McCain more than a bit of headache.
Captain Crash
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by s.e.r.e.n.e)
This is a bit too optimistic. Nonetheless, "Iraq and Economy " will be giving McCain more than a bit of headache.
Not really. The website it's from (www.fivethirtyeight.com) bases it's results from state specific polls in order to give a more informative division of the electoral colleges than just pure polls. Whilst, obviously, the results are by no means a direct indicator the most recent polls suggest Obama will win by >100 electoral college votes.
ssk2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As someone else said, if Obama WASN'T this far ahead at this stage, I'd be very worried for him. He's had a massive bounce from one of the most memorable (if not THE most) primary seasons ever, whereas McCain has been waiting in the wings for a couple of months now. We're still 5 months from the election and that points gap is gonna shrink in no time at all...
s.e.r.e.n.e
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ssk2)
As someone else said, if Obama WASN'T this far ahead at this stage, I'd be very worried for him. He's had a massive bounce from one of the most memorable (if not THE most) primary seasons ever, whereas McCain has been waiting in the wings for a couple of months now. We're still 5 months from the election and that points gap is gonna shrink in no time at all...
Shrink? Why?

Apparently one of the weakness of McCain is his failure to capitalize on the brutal Democratic primary.
ssk2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Brutal? Perhaps. Chance to gain a massive warchest and have virtually ALL of the nation's press around you every day? Definitely. Once we start hearing concrete policies from McCain, that gap will shrink.
s.e.r.e.n.e
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ssk2)
The US economy is going to worsen considerably if you believe the research notes that has been coming out for the past few months. The candidate that's being seen as weak on the economy will pay a price.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads