?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Money Man)
sign me up, where do I sign?
"change change change change change change change"

only thing he'll change is his socks!!
Which planet are you from?
He's going to alter taxation laws
People with incomes of $250000 won't see their taxes budge and many of them will be eligible for tax breaks

I don't understand it, why don't you actually examine his policies
ON his website.
Because your chauvinism/narrow-mindedness is uncanny and without raison d'être
:shifty:

Really....we should be saying. "change change change!" to George W Bush and his Bush Doctrine!
We thank the doctrine for the Iraq War :yep: :shifty:
Yusuf.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Stricof)
People with incomes of $250000 won't see their taxes budge and many of them will be eligible for tax breaks

I don't understand it, why don't you actually examine his policies
ON his website.
Because your chauvinism/narrow-mindedness is uncanny and without raison d'être

Really....we should be saying. "change change change!" to George W Bush and his Bush Doctrine!
We thank the doctrine for the Iraq War :yep: :shifty:
i love you :love:
bexicle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Stricof)
Things that contradict this:
Actually it will end up being people with significantly lower incomes than that at around 70,000, Obama's slipped up on that.
Because Obama's original plan decided that they would tax the 5% of Americans earning higher amounts. But only 1.5% of Americans earn over $250k a year.

Look up policies made by Bill Clinton in 1992, you could have copy and pasted everything the man said in what Obama's saying now.
Link
zav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Money Man)
sign me up, where do I sign?
"change change change change change change change"

only thing he'll change is his socks!!
Come back when you have some constructive points.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

John McCain's economic policy seems to be along the line of previous Republican leaders. The only major points I can find is that he's cutting corporation taxes by 10%.

Can somebody point out any further major economic changes he wants to implicate?

Obama's polices on freedom to unionize, taxing the $250,000 and over, eliminating income tax for low income seniors etc.

These all sound like good polices as far as I am concerned and this is even before I get to his foreign and environmental policies.
zav
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bexicle89)
Actually it will end up being people with significantly lower incomes than that at around 70,000, Obama's slipped up on that.
Because Obama's original plan decided that they would tax the 5% of Americans earning higher amounts. But only 1.5% of Americans earn over $250k a year.

Look up policies made by Bill Clinton in 1992, you could have copy and pasted everything the man said in what Obama's saying now.
Link
Even if your figures are true (and a facebook post is not an acceptable source) I still think that the poor balance of wealth in America needs to be adjusted. Therefore whichever figure is correct I still support the re-distribution of wealth.
bexicle89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ELoO6bgNc
And I don't think destroying the coal and oil industries inside America is 'unionised' at all.

Re-distribution of wealth? I may not know a lot about politics, but isn't this a cause of benefit scrounging over here that has caused so much angst in the country and only garners support for the Conservatives?
Obama says spend, spend, spend in an economic crisis. McCain however wishes to freeze spending.
zav
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
And I don't think destroying the coal and oil industries inside America is 'unionised' at all.
Comparing what he said five years ago to what he says now is completely different and non-comparable.
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Link

I am not going to react to the republican facebook page; as they materialize to be as prejudice against Obama as you appear to be.
You are using Facebook to convey your information? Come back when you find that same information on BOTH Obama and McCain’s Website.
Come back when your information is not deluded by a republican
Come back when you get OFFICAL information, not some lame Facebook site that has a McCain blog.
In the region of 2% of Americans earn $250000 a year
http://www.census.gov/prod/2002pubs/p60-218.pdf
A population of 301,139,947 reside in the USA
2% = 6 022 799 people
For your benefit - 1.5% = 4 517 099 People
So…6 - 4.5 million people getting tax while
295 117 148 - 296 622 848 citizens who do not get $250k a year don’t get raised a single cent!

Can you envisage that…up to 295 million people will benefit from potential tax break?
No you can’t because you exhibit the same chauvinism and narrow-mindedness as many of the people who have an aversion to him due to antagonism slander
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone in this society is going to be very disappointed tomorrow morning
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Re-distribution of wealth? I may not know a lot about politics, but isn't this a cause of benefit scrounging over here that has caused so much angst in the country and only garners support for the Conservatives?
Obama says spend, spend, spend in an economic crisis. McCain however wishes to freeze spending.
"What stood out most starkly to me was McCain's declaration that he would freeze all spending except for the Iraq war, and amusingly enough, "taking care of veterans." While he has been a more stem supporter even than GW on continued $10 billion per month on Iraq, he has voted against veterans benefits 8 times!
Okay. Let’s just take the "freeze spending" policy.... no more infrastructure, roads, highways, etc, no more education, no more Medicaid or Medicare, no more environmental initiatives.... the list goes on. He essentially said no more spending on anything but war-related items!
What a moron, what a joke...what an utter nightmare. "

http://sperrys.newsvine.com/_news/20...e-all-spending

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwa...ing/index.html
e-lover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is PeeWee still around? If your feeling lucky betfred are doing odds of 14/1 for McCain to win. 100 quid will get you 1500 back! .. if the wins.
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by e-lover)
Is PeeWee still around? If your feeling lucky betfred are doing odds of 14/1 for McCain to win. 100 quid will get you 1500 back! .. if the wins.
I'd prefer to watch the outcome and my pocket than be frustrated with both:yep:
Grape190190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by e-lover)
Yeah, but the polling shows that those are crap odds. It should be more like 98.9/1
PeeWeeDan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
Anyone in this society is going to be very disappointed tomorrow morning
Tell me about it.
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mmmm....now we just wait.
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When Obama's policies puts America further into recession/depression, we'll have the last laugh.
UGeNe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Smack)
When Obama's policies puts America further into recession/depression, we'll have the last laugh.
Good. I will laugh with you.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hahaha:
D-Day
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
:hahaha:
What he said.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads