This discussion is closed.
Made in the USA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hiphop2006mk)
Now it's really tough time for him. I have to face many serious trouble such as heath care, the invasion in Iraq and Afghanistan, economics downturn. Many american people have exceptionally very high expectation on him.
Why on earth is he turning to health care at the exact moment in history when everyone else is turning their concerns to the economy, joblessness, debt and deficits? Unemployment has gone up every single month of this man's presidency. When are people going to stop feeling sorry for him and start demanding results?
username202682
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Made in the USA)
Why on earth is he turning to health care at the exact moment in history when everyone else is turning their concerns to the economy, joblessness, debt and deficits? Unemployment has gone up every single month of this man's presidency. When are people going to stop feeling sorry for him and start demanding results?
Well....
It wasn't llike Bush delivered any positive results apart from the Iraq war and the biggest recession since 1929.
Oh wait, it wasn't positive; my bad. :teehee:
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stricof)
Well....
It wasn't llike Bush delivered any positive results apart from the Iraq war and the biggest recession since 1929.
Oh wait, it wasn't positive; my bad. :teehee:
I'm sorry, but Bush was president a year ago, the "it's all my predecessor's fault" excuse doesn't fly anymore. Obama is a big boy. Time to take responsibility and do the job he was elected to do. I'm tired of the excuses. Even Obama knows he can't blame Bush anymore. The new boogie man is fox news :rolleyes:
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well to keep it simple - Results will come after Obama has cleared up the **** of the past.
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stricof)
Well to keep it simple - Results will come after Obama has cleared up the **** of the past.
He isn't though. Things have gotten much worse since he has taken office. Record deficits, record unemployment, and things just keep getting worse every single month.

49 of 50 states have seen unemployment go up following the passage of the failed stimulus package

Why are you holding Obama to such a low standard? If you saw these kinds of numbers from any other world leader, you'd be calling for his resignation.
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He isn't though. Things have gotten much worse since he has taken office. Record deficits, record unemployment, and things just keep getting worse every single month.

49 of 50 states have seen unemployment go up following the passage of the failed stimulus package

Why are you holding Obama to such a low standard? If you saw these kinds of numbers from any other world leader, you'd be calling for his resignation.
Well think about it.
Recession = unemployment + deficits.
You make it sound as if Obama would change things with the click of his fingers.
No. Consumers and firms need to regain confidence. Simple Aggregate demand and supply. This is not the doing of Obama; its a developed world conscience. So deficits and unemployment will continue to increase, not just in the States.
Countries around the world adopted quantitative easing - but responsibility isn't just on government; its on businesses too.
The problem that governments face is that Banks, for instance take the money through QE, which is meant to be used for investment (employment and redevelopment into the economy etc). But because firms are given prerogative, what they are actually being used for are - Bonuses, dealing with more toxic capital or storing. So actually, its no wonder fiscal stimulus's have failed.
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought this article from the politico website was funny:

President Barack Obama has only been in office for just over nine months, but he's already hit the links as much as President Bush did in over two years.

CBS' Mark Knoller — an unofficial documentarian and statistician of all things White House-related — wrote on his Twitter feed that, "Today - Obama ties Pres. Bush in the number of rounds of golf played in office: 24.

Took Bush 2 yrs & 10 months."

This news comes on the heels of today's news that Obama played golf with a woman — chief domestic policy adviser Melody Barnes — for the first time since taking office.
This reminds me of how everyone was complaining when Micheal Moore put out that propaganda flick about how Bush was taking too many vacations. Maybe if Obama spent half as much time worrying about the economy as his golf swing, we wouldn't have 10% unemployment
encyclopedia
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
An immoral man would put his money before his people.
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:nothing:
KiiNGofLONDON
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

How is this thread still going strong? The man hasn't even had a year in office yet and every man and his pet dog is on his back. His starting position as el Presidente was one of the worst I can think of. Global recession, losing 2 wars, intense battles in Israel, Russia taking the piss out of international law, having to convince the US it needs UHC etc. It was never going to be an easy presidency.
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KiiNGofLONDON)
How is this thread still going strong? The man hasn't even had a year in office yet and every man and his pet dog is on his back. His starting position as el Presidente was one of the worst I can think of. Global recession, losing 2 wars, intense battles in Israel, Russia taking the piss out of international law, having to convince the US it needs UHC etc. It was never going to be an easy presidency.
Welcome to dealing with convoluted ********, that is this soc
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by encyclopedia)
An immoral man would put his money before his people.
I'd rather have no health insurance than no job. If I have a job and no insurance, at least I can pay my doctor bill out of pocket.

Obama had two major setbacks yesterday night. He campaigned for Democrat governors in Virginia and New Jersey and both of them lost. If a republican governor can get elected in new jersey, arguably the most blue state in the country, Obama is in some very serious trouble in 2010. Most of the voters said their biggest issue was the economy
Captain Crash
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Erm.... you're comparing projection numbers for the end of 2010.... with numbers from Sept 2009? It's an observed trend that employment lags behinf economic markers such as GDP. Whilst the US is technically out of recession and back to growth, the average person won't see changes in employment for a few months at least.
superman412
Report 9 years ago
Nah mate, leave Obama alone! CHANGE!
normandorp
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
capitalists...."sigh"
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by normandorp)
capitalists...."sigh"
:rofl: How ironic, China is one of the most capitalist countries around these days, wake up kiddo.
Rhadamanthus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by normandorp)
capitalists...."sigh"
Problem?
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I heard an interesting interview on the radio of someone who knew Obama in Chicago before he became president. I was surprised and at the same time, not so surprised by some of the things he said about Obama. According to John Lott, Obama never enjoyed discussing anything with anyone who disagreed with him, did not enjoy debating, was very ideologically driven, and was never open to ideas that were different than his own.
Here is the audio: http://marklevinfan.com/Audio/JohnLott.wma
lrkn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I heard an interesting interview on the radio of someone who knew Obama in Chicago before he became president. I was surprised and at the same time, not so surprised by some of the things he said about Obama. According to John Lott, Obama never enjoyed discussing anything with anyone who disagreed with him, did not enjoy debating, was very ideologically driven, and was never open to ideas that were different than his own.
Here is the audio: http://marklevinfan.com/Audio/JohnLott.wma
John Lott's hardly a reliable public figure, and the stuff he's accusing Obama of he's equally guilty of himself.

http://townhall.com/columnists/Miche...ersy?page=full

Using data to back up his pro-gun argument which was contrary to accepted opinion and he can't produce.

Accused the authors of Freakonomics of libel for disagreeing with him.

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/op-eds/W...uff112707.html

Some just plain weird stuff about women's suffrage.

http://reason.com/archives/2003/05/0...y-of-mary-rosh

Creating sock puppets all over the internet to defend his books and bump up his RateMyProfessor rating.
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lrkn)
John Lott's hardly a reliable public figure, and the stuff he's accusing Obama of he's equally guilty of himself.
I did find it interesting that people say Obama never seemed to have any interest in challenging and debating people who disagree with him. Most of my pinhead professors loved that sort of thing. :dontknow:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.47%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.23%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.29%

Watched Threads