This discussion is closed.
zanejamal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by PeeWeeDan)
I checked Wikipedia, it's him
I don't remember him being in the Borat movie. Which part was he in ?
FoeGeddaBowDeet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well Obama's rhetoric is more hawkish that European media seems to portray, he advocated making strikes on Sovereign Pakistan without their permission, and has talked harsh words about Iran.
I don't know why you keep repeating this, because there's no way you disagree with the policy. Obama said if Pakistan won't act when the USA has actionable intelligence on the whereabouts of terrorists, the USA will act alone. It's a common sense policy, is it not? Not to support Bush, but he's done it.
PeeWeeDan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I didn't make any comparison. No matter which way you say it, bombing parts of a Sovereign nation is hawkish. Look at the whole Columbia fiasco where Columbia was threatened with war for bombing terrorists in it's neighbors sovereign territory. Sovereignty is very important, and Obama would clearly break the Sovereignty of a nuclear state. Sounds hawkish to me.
davidjones90
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FoeGeddaBowDeet)
I don't know why you keep repeating this, because there's no way you disagree with the policy. Obama said if Pakistan won't act when the USA has actionable intelligence on the whereabouts of terrorists, the USA will act alone. It's a common sense policy, is it not? Not to support Bush, but he's done it.
It's a simple question for John McCain really.

You have solid intelligence stating that Osama Bin Laden is in House X Street Y State Z in Pakistan, what would you do? Bomb Iran?

It's no different to what there doing in Somalia.
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
Somalia is not nuclear. This is not about what is right, nor what I would do, it is about what is hawkish and what is not.
Chaoslord
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
Yeah, because destroying the US economy isn't going to affect the poor. :rolleyes: Obama is just like Bush: spend and spend while refusing to take the unpopular step of increasing taxes. At some point, this will cause the dollar to collapse (hell it already fell by 30%).
he is not like bush

for example, he is clearly black

but either way im in
FoeGeddaBowDeet
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I didn't make any comparison. No matter which way you say it, bombing parts of a Sovereign nation is hawkish. Look at the whole Columbia fiasco where Columbia was threatened with war for bombing terrorists in it's neighbors sovereign territory. Sovereignty is very important, and Obama would clearly break the Sovereignty of a nuclear state. Sounds hawkish to me.
Clearly there's no comparison between Columbia and the USA. Since Pakistan is on the face of it a US ally, what does it say if they will not take action in such a situation? They would be in no situation to threaten war. Was war threatened when it happened earlier this year? Of course not, because Pakistan is in about as much of a position to wage war on the USA as the Isle of Man is on the UK.
davidjones90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Somalia is not nuclear. This is not about what is right, nor what I would do, it is about what is hawkish and what is not.
Answer my question. What would John McCain do? Would he bomb Iran?

And in addition to this, this came out a long speech about how we need to improve ties with Pakistan to eliminate Al-Qaeda. Striking is a last resort. We'd much prefer to stick Bin Laden on trial by conducting raids.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Chaoslord)
he is not like bush

for example, he is clearly black

but either way im in
Pfft, he's a very half-assed kind of black.
Veni_vidi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by davidjones90)
I say bring on the Anti-Israel society.
I'll be in that society
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
(Original post by davidjones90)
Answer my question. What would John McCain do? Would he bomb Iran?

And in addition to this, this came out a long speech about how we need to improve ties with Pakistan to eliminate Al-Qaeda. Striking is a last resort. We'd much prefer to stick Bin Laden on trial by conducting raids.

For gods sake we're not arguing if McCain is a hawk or not, of course he is. We're arguing whether,despite the European media, Obama is too. Of course McCain would bomb Pakistan in that circumstance.\

I'll be in that society
If there was any reason to start a society like that I would be championing the Pro-Israeli society right now, however there is not. If you actually want to discuss why you dislike Israel, maybe I can explain some of Israel's policies, you wouldn't be my first convert, PM me, or go on the Israel is bad thread, otherwise you should probably stick to the topic of this thread.
davidjones90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
For gods sake we're not arguing if McCain is a hawk or not, of course he is. We're arguing whether,despite the European media, Obama is too. Of course McCain would bomb Pakistan in that circumstance.
Good, so in the Pakistan front, both Candidates would strike al-queda targets when intelligence comes to light.
username138327
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Doesn't sound hawkish at all . Sounds logical to me. You give aid to country so they can fight terrorists. They don't fight terrorists, they don't get aid. Nowhere did he mention "bombing" he just said act. Last thing I looked the SAS and their equivalents didn't go round just blowing up towns for fun.

To be honest this argument flies in your face because you are probably pro-turkey and their actions are no different from anything the americans might consider.

Then again I'm probably right in thinking you were pro-kosovo, for course by your argument Serbia is sovereign and so the separatist actions by kosovo deserve punishment...
ggonex26
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Whether a country is nuclear does not determine whether it is a sovereign nation and whether you think his comments were hawkish or not, i think he is far less likely to go to war for Israel than Bush or one of his neocon flunkies. This for me is a plus because we all know the spin job against Iran has begun. I am not a massive fan of the Iranians, but in reality what threat are they to the US or Europe? It's only Israel that's seriously worried about them and that's only because they fear revenge for all the murders they have perpetrated.
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I quite like Obama, as much as anyone who doesn't really know much about his policies other than the bare minimum can know.
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fellas)
Doesn't sound hawkish at all . Sounds logical to me. You give aid to country so they can fight terrorists. They don't fight terrorists, they don't get aid. Nowhere did he mention "bombing" he just said act. Last thing I looked the SAS and their equivalents didn't go round just blowing up towns for fun.

To be honest this argument flies in your face because you are probably pro-turkey and their actions are no different from anything the americans might consider.

Then again I'm probably right in thinking you were pro-kosovo, for course by your argument Serbia is sovereign and so the separatist actions by kosovo deserve punishment...
I'm undecided on Kosovo, I see reasons for and against and have yet to formulate a decent argument. The fact of the matter is that Obama has some real hawkish policies, and to portray him as a dove is simply inaccurate.

suck your penis for the ******* that neg repped me for wanting to join the Anti-isreal society.

no one likes them, people scared to admit it, at least leave your name, although i now who it was (.ee.ee...)
Wasn't me.
FoeGeddaBowDeet
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Veni_vidi)
suck your penis for the ******* that neg repped me for wanting to join the Anti-isreal society.

no one likes them, people scared to admit it, at least leave your name, although i now who it was (.ee.ee...)
It was me actually, I just can't be bothered to type my name 'cause it's long. I'm gonna report this post now as well and you're probs gonna get warned. How does it feel?
Veni_vidi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It was me actually, I just can't be bothered to type my name 'cause it's long. I'm gonna report this post now as well and you're probs gonna get warned. How does it feel?
you joined the anti obama soc, are you trying to stop me joing the anti-isreal soc if there was one?
get a life
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
I think the point he's making is that you give no valid reasons for being Anti-Israel, we've given reasons for being Anti-Obama and have far more. Seriously though, if you really want to explain why you're anti-Israel, I want to hear, PM me. Or go on the Israel is Bad thread.
Veni_vidi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ohhhh no, he's gonna report me, am so scared.
;upyours;
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.18%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.11%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.85%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.76%
There's nothing they could do (50)
28.09%

Watched Threads