fourth a level subject - harris westminster sixth form Watch

sara.m12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
The sixth form I want to go to requires me to take four a level subjects and Ive always imagined that I would be taking three. I want to go into medicine so I want to take biology, chemistry and maths. I generally like these subjects but I don't know what to take as my fourth.I'm looking for a subject that won't add too much to the three heavy subjects.I would really appreciate some help on this!should I take something like geography or art history(I have no idea what that is btw)?
ThunderBeard
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by sara.m12)
The sixth form I want to go to requires me to take four a level subjects and Ive always imagined that I would be taking three. I want to go into medicine so I want to take biology, chemistry and maths. I generally like these subjects but I don't know what to take as my fourth.I'm looking for a subject that won't add too much to the three heavy subjects.I would really appreciate some help on this!should I take something like geography or art history(I have no idea what that is btw)?
Try physics, music or something like English literature
Myrtey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I mean I imagine all a levels are going to be challenging. Maybe wait until you see if you get particularly high in any other gcses? And pick that one.

And maybe look at what other subject is common to take with those? For example I know a lot of people who took maths and biology also took psychology.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Physics, or further maths. Or a contrasting subject that you still enjoy from GCSE like history or english literature. Perhaps even a BTEC option if it is offered like Musical Theatre or business?
sara.m12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Myrtey)
I mean I imagine all a levels are going to be challenging. Maybe wait until you see if you get particularly high in any other gcses? And pick that one.

And maybe look at what other subject is common to take with those? For example I know a lot of people who took maths and biology also took psychology.
yeh i was thinking of that too but they dont offer that subject! thanks for the advice
sara.m12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Physics, or further maths. Or a contrasting subject that you still enjoy from GCSE like history or english literature. Perhaps even a BTEC option if it is offered like Musical Theatre or business?
ive heard further maths is very hard. Do you know if its similar to what they study in maths?
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
ive heard further maths is very hard. Do you know if its similar to what they study in maths?
well it's an extension of a level maths, but it has the same foundation as maths a level yes. As a fourth option just pick a subject you enjoy, as you'll drop it at the end of year 12 anyway.
MachiaSmelly
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I recommend doing economics because the maths a level might help you with it (I have no idea tho really because I never did economics). Remember you should be trying to get 3 A's at the full A level thats your main objective so pick what ever subject will help you achieve that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (76)
23.68%
No (245)
76.32%

Watched Threads