The Student Room Group

SVN Placement

Hi everyone!
I start my VCA course next month and I'm so excited 😁
I'm wanting to go on to do my vet nursing straight after I finish my course, next year, but was wondering when the best time was to send out emails and letters to find a placement.
When is too early?

I decided to do the VCA Diploma rather than go through an access course and too Uni, as the college I'm going to is more local compared to the unis which do VNursing.
I was lucky to find a placement for this as I didn't ask around until May.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Also people who did do their nursing through a diploma, did you get paid for it or was it voluntary?
Original post by ElizaX
Hi everyone!
I start my VCA course next month and I'm so excited 😁
I'm wanting to go on to do my vet nursing straight after I finish my course, next year, but was wondering when the best time was to send out emails and letters to find a placement.
When is too early?

I decided to do the VCA Diploma rather than go through an access course and too Uni, as the college I'm going to is more local compared to the unis which do VNursing.
I was lucky to find a placement for this as I didn't ask around until May.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Also people who did do their nursing through a diploma, did you get paid for it or was it voluntary?

If you can find an employer who will fund college for vet nursing for you then financially it will be a lot easier. Other places will be voluntary. Look for adverts for student vet nurses, and get in touch with your local vets to see if this is something they offer or if they have vacancies. Volunteering can get your foot in the door too and get the connections in place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending