Making Friends Watch

Sadie3500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am going back to uni for the my second year in September but I've not really made any friends. Advice on how to fit in, be comfortable around new people and make some proper friends?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sadie3500)
I am going back to uni for the my second year in September but I've not really made any friends. Advice on how to fit in, be comfortable around new people and make some proper friends?
did you give societies a try last year? faking it till you make it can work in some situations
Sadie3500
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
did you give societies a try last year? faking it till you make it can work in some situations
My Uni's quite small and if I'm honest the student union there is really bad. Obviously when I first moved out and went to uni I was excited for freshers cause everyone had told me how crazy it would be. My uni had a few local bands performing on campus on the first day and brands trying to sell us stuff. That was literally it. Since then I've heard nothing about the union or societies. I wouldn't even know what societies there are or how to sign up to one.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I was like that in 1st yr as well, i went to so many societies & i was with a group of people who i went clubbing with on a regular, but i didn't fit in with them sober so I wasn't as close with them, but 2nd yr i really became close with my flatmates & I can truly call them my friends.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My Uni's quite small and if I'm honest the student union there is really bad. Obviously when I first moved out and went to uni I was excited for freshers cause everyone had told me how crazy it would be. My uni had a few local bands performing on campus on the first day and brands trying to sell us stuff. That was literally it. Since then I've heard nothing about the union or societies. I wouldn't even know what societies there are or how to sign up to one.
nothing on the student unis website with a societies list?
misteryace212
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't u guys have a website for ur SU where u can find out societies?
Sadie3500
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was like that in 1st yr as well, i went to so many societies & i was with a group of people who i went clubbing with on a regular, but i didn't fit in with them sober so I wasn't as close with them, but 2nd yr i really became close with my flatmates & I can truly call them my friends.
Thats so nice! I didn't get into halls for first year so I had to find a student house last minute and ended ups living with a bunch of people that were a LOT older than me. Like 30+. All really lovely just didn't really help me make any friends lol. This year I'm moving into a house of girls my age that all go to my uni. I don't know any of them yet but fingers crossed I'll make some friends.
Sadie3500
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
nothing on the student unis website with a societies list?
I'll look into it. Thanks!
SubZero~
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Societies and clubs are definitely worth getting into - didn't feel that I got into enough during First Year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads