The Student Room Group

Difficulty in University decision-making

Hi everyone! I'm a film and camera enthusiast looking to do Masters in cinematography.
I have applied to Universities in the UK, out of which are University of York and Bournemouth University.
I stand an offer from UoY for the same course and am yet to hear from BU. I have looked through both their curriculums, they are good, pretty much what I'm looking for.
I do know UoY is ranked higher and has good equipment. But somehow BU has created a lot of interest in me to pursue my Masters there. Maybe because it is nearer to London, and I wish to try for Internship to experience at least for a few months.
I am not quite sure how Media industry is in Scotland(York)
I am unable to make a decision about it. If anyone has done research, pls help me out by giving your inputs. I have to make a decision soon.
Before suggesting London, I did look into NFTS, Met film school and the others but decided against it because of the fee and cost of living.
Thank you!
Original post by priyankachoudary
Hi everyone! I'm a film and camera enthusiast looking to do Masters in cinematography.
I have applied to Universities in the UK, out of which are University of York and Bournemouth University.
I stand an offer from UoY for the same course and am yet to hear from BU. I have looked through both their curriculums, they are good, pretty much what I'm looking for.
I do know UoY is ranked higher and has good equipment. But somehow BU has created a lot of interest in me to pursue my Masters there. Maybe because it is nearer to London, and I wish to try for Internship to experience at least for a few months.
I am unable to make a decision about it. If anyone has done research, pls help me out by giving your inputs. I have to make a decision soon.
Before suggesting London, I did look into NFTS, Met film school and the others but decided against it because of the fee and cost of living.
Thank you!

York is not in Scotland it is a medium sized historic walled city in the north of England. It is a traditional uni with a reasonably good rep.
You need to do more research and ask students on the course plus find out where they go.

Bournemouth is on the coast and is a newer uni, but has a good rep in media and creative industries.
It runs quite a lot of courses in things like animation, special effects and gaming and they have quite good contacts within the industry.

Ask the universities where their students go fort employment.
Try talking to current students.

https://www.yusu.org/opportunities/student-media
I cant see what the relevant student society is for york. Ask them or the department to talk to a student rep.
https://www.yusu.org/groups/york-student-cinema-ysc

Same for Bournemouth
https://www.subu.org.uk/organisation/communityfilm/
Reply 2
Original post by priyankachoudary

Oh dear.
yes, I will do that!/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending