Young now want authoritarian rule? Watch

LiberOfLondon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think my membership of the TSR Libertarians should tell you where I stand on this. I would have responded earlier but was trying to report a white supremacist on Twitter.
Alt Tankie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Hang on a minute, we are not talking about how a word gets misused or misinterpreted by some polically insidious people. You are not actually saying that you wish to abolish democracy for state control or else with no obligation placed upon the state to listen/care about the publics views surely, are you?
No, but it’s worth mentioning my original point
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
I think my membership of the TSR Libertarians should tell you where I stand on this. I would have responded earlier but was trying to report a white supremacist on Twitter.
What was the person saying?
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As a consequence of this study, I now expect the army to be flooded with willing recruits.

I would guess that these findings are a result of the seeming failure of various party leaders' failure to unify their MPs behind what they want to do, and hence coming up with some BS 'plan' that fails to get them a solid majority (or one at all).
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
What was the person saying?
Cited a ”newspaper” called the Occidental Observer. Wiki says it's a neo-Nazi blog.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hang on a minute, we are not talking about how a word gets misused or misinterpreted by some polically insidious people. You are not actually saying that you wish to abolish democracy for state control or else with no obligation placed upon the state to listen/care about the publics views surely, are you?
He supports North-Korea. I doubt he deals in facts.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cited a ”newspaper” called the Occidental Observer. Wiki says it's a neo-Nazi blog.
What was the person’s actual statement that included the reference? How did you conclude that their statement was far right.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Maybe, but I just don't like that jumped up ******.
I'm with ya on that mate
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Might be a good idea depending on the benefits.
Lol, oh go on explain away
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alt Tankie)
No, but it’s worth mentioning my original point
Lol fair play mate
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lol, oh go on explain away
I think with regard to the security issue the military would improve the situation. Also the discipline issue will improve because we can have mandatory military/social service for all 18 year olds for 1 year before they go to uni.

I understand there are certain parts were military rule may not be good such as dissent to authoritarianism, but I can see the benefits too.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What type of hate mail did they send you?
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think with regard to the security issue the military would improve the situation. Also the discipline issue will improve because we can have mandatory military/social service for all 18 year olds for 1 year before they go to uni.

I understand there are certain parts were military rule may not be good such as dissent to authoritarianism, but I can see the benefits too.
Rot. It doesn't create a good society. When it goes horribly wrong you get Syria and when it starts to go wrong you get Hong Kong where I fear we could see another Tianamen Square style massacre very soon.

The only reason N Korea works to a point is because they have brutal policies like their three generation punishment. If you commit a crime, you are jailed, your kids are jailed and their kids are jailed.

What were the benefits again? That everyone is so terrified they do the right thing? Is that really progress?
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Rot. It doesn't create a good society. When it goes horribly wrong you get Syria and when it starts to go wrong you get Hong Kong where I fear we could see another Tianamen Square style massacre very soon.

The only reason N Korea works to a point is because they have brutal policies like their three generation punishment. If you commit a crime, you are jailed, your kids are jailed and their kids are jailed.

What were the benefits again? That everyone is so terrified they do the right thing? Is that really progress?
At least people do the right thing. I am not saying that it is a perfect system but it would greatly improve our nation. Traitors would be gone and we will have one voice. Infrastructure investment would be quick and painless like in China, people would stop ‘stealing a living’ by lying to get on benefits, there would be discipline.

If we don't get military rule, we should at least make sure all 18 year olds have 1 year military service.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was reading this rather bizarre article on another forum and I thought, I don't think so somehow. However I certainly know the best place to find out, over you you guys.

What is you opinion on ditching parliament and allowing the army to rule the country?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/third-youn...7X7Yc5OiP16t_V
Err no.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)

Spot on
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
At least people do the right thing. I am not saying that it is a perfect system but it would greatly improve our nation. Traitors would be gone and we will have one voice. Infrastructure investment would be quick and painless like in China, people would stop ‘stealing a living’ by lying to get on benefits, there would be discipline.

If we don't get military rule, we should at least make sure all 18 year olds have 1 year military service.
Are you seriously using China as a example of good?

Who would decide what a 'traitor' is and how will the people be able to appose being ill or wrongly treated?

When I started this thread I actually thought everyone would just laugh and type 'no'...
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you seriously using China as a example of good?

Who would decide what a 'traitor' is and how will the people be able to appose being ill or wrongly treated?

When I started this thread I actually thought everyone would just laugh and type 'no'...
You thought wrong. You should not assume that everyone shares your views. That is why our society is descending to chaos. We live in bubbles and then are shocked when we are faced with opposing views.

China is not a model but it has some benefits within its system. For example, it is well-known that investments esp infrastructure developments seem to be quick and painless exercises. In the UK, we argue and whine about every infrastructure programme until they are completed and we do it again for the next one. Just some examples are Heathrow’s new runway, Crossrail, HS2 etc.

The “traitor” bit is quite grey I agree. That was why I am not in favour of a completely totalitarian society
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

But who determines what "the right thing" is, or what a traitor is? You are assuming that any dictatorship would be aligned with your views. What if the political winds changed and you found your views on the world challenged by force / death? Would you submit and do the right thing by the dictatorship?
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Half a sec. China's success is built on it allowing Western companies to exploit cheap labour with significantly lower pay and conditions than we expect. Are you happy for your government to force you to do the right thing and work to conditions they dictate so that the rich of the country can travel by high speed rail?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%