Young now want authoritarian rule? Watch

jay111a
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I question the validity of this, you can get a survey to say anything you want depending on the questions you ask

(Original post by Burton Bridge)
I was reading this rather bizarre article on another forum and I thought, I don't think so somehow. However I certainly know the best place to find out, over you you guys.

What is you opinion on ditching parliament and allowing the army to rule the country?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/third-youn...7X7Yc5OiP16t_V

I question the validity of this as a survey can be made to give any result you want by asking the right questions for example.........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZZJXw4MTA
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
But who determines what "the right thing" is, or what a traitor is? You are assuming that any dictatorship would be aligned with your views. What if the political winds changed and you found your views on the world challenged by force / death? Would you submit and do the right thing by the dictatorship?
I agree with your points. That was why I supported elements of the system but not everything.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Conservative think tank just happens to find support for authoritarianism during a time where ideas of the Prime Minister proroguing parliament and ignoring votes of no confidence are floating around.

Hmmmmmmmm. I see.
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
At least people do the right thing. I am not saying that it is a perfect system but it would greatly improve our nation. Traitors would be gone and we will have one voice. Infrastructure investment would be quick and painless like in China, people would stop ‘stealing a living’ by lying to get on benefits, there would be discipline.

If we don't get military rule, we should at least make sure all 18 year olds have 1 year military service.
Bringing back National Service would just give gang members more ways to effectively kill people. China is a fascist state with a hardon for killing Muslims and selling their organs, and talking about ”traitors” makes you look like a far right loon.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
Bringing back National Service would just give gang members more ways to effectively kill people. China is a fascist state with a hardon for killing Muslims and selling their organs, and talking about ”traitors” makes you look like a far right loon.
I am not far right. I am actually a big Corbyn fan.

How would the National Service help gang members to kill people? National Service will improve discipline of wild 18 year olds.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
You thought wrong. You should not assume that everyone shares your views. That is why our society is descending to chaos. We live in bubbles and then are shocked when we are faced with opposing views.

China is not a model but it has some benefits within its system. For example, it is well-known that investments esp infrastructure developments seem to be quick and painless exercises. In the UK, we argue and whine about every infrastructure programme until they are completed and we do it again for the next one. Just some examples are Heathrow’s new runway, Crossrail, HS2 etc.

The “traitor” bit is quite grey I agree. That was why I am not in favour of a completely totalitarian society
I'm sorry mate you are simply making conflicting points here and making some incorrect statements on my assumptions also.

I don't assume everyone shares my veiw at all, that's a leading statement which unless I address the third party reader will assume I have. For absolute clarity, I am fully aware and supportive of all legal and reasonable veiws, I never cast those who I disagree with as evil, bigoted, stupid, etc without reasonable justification of how I arrived at my conclusion. I am one of the few on here who does see both sides of the argument.

I am shocked you are supporting a dictatorship and abolishment of the democratic system, our ancestors literally fought and died for not people have different views to me, which is absolutely imperative they have for a successful society.

Then you contradict yourself by saying,

'The “traitor” bit is quite grey I agree. That was why I am not in favour of a completely totalitarian society.'

Well I'm sorry but, if you wish to scrap the houses of Parliament and replace with direct military rule with no democratic system you are in favour of a total totalitarian society.

China is not a role model for anything, it's abhorrent. It rips up HS regulation, international copyright laws, it's reduced its care for its citizens and environmental responsibility to nil. The torture methods over there, the factories large Western corporations are
exploiting with suicide nets to catch 'employees' who can't take anymore is only just better than nazi slave camps! It's got plus sides..... Hell bells.

People argue and whine about every programme/political decision is part of a tolerant society, and the very life blood of democracy and fairness you wish to cut out.

In the world you want you are little forcing everyone to have the same opinion as you, not assuming.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 week ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
I agree with your points. That was why I supported elements of the system but not everything.
Again flip flopping, it's like labour's Brexit position, what are you saying?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
No I disagree here, I think there must be a sense of unity and respect installed back onto our youth, respect for the elderly and authority is at an all time low.

I'm all for light corporal punishment to be introduced and national service for both sexes to to introduced. It does not have to be army based.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?

How would the National Service help gang members to kill people? National Service will improve discipline of wild 18 year olds.
I'm with you on that one
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Again flip flopping, it's like labour's Brexit position, what are you saying?
What am I saying and how am I flip flopping?

i stated that I liked certain parts of that system but not all of it.

I'm with you on that one
Ok

I'm sorry mate you are simply making conflicting points here and making some incorrect statements on my assumptions also.

I don't assume everyone shares my veiw at all, that's a leading statement which unless I address the third party reader will assume I have. For absolute clarity, I am fully aware and supportive of all legal and reasonable veiws, I never cast those who I disagree with as evil, bigoted, stupid, etc without reasonable justification of how I arrived at my conclusion. I am one of the few on here who does see both sides of the argument.

I am shocked you are supporting a dictatorship and abolishment of the democratic system, our ancestors literally fought and died for not people have different views to me, which is absolutely imperative they have for a successful society.

Then you contradict yourself by saying,

'The “traitor” bit is quite grey I agree. That was why I am not in favour of a completely totalitarian society.'

Well I'm sorry but, if you wish to scrap the houses of Parliament and replace with direct military rule with no democratic system you are in favour of a total totalitarian society.

China is not a role model for anything, it's abhorrent. It rips up HS regulation, international copyright laws, it's reduced its care for its citizens and environmental responsibility to nil. The torture methods over there, the factories large Western corporations are
exploiting with suicide nets to catch 'employees' who can't take anymore is only just better than nazi slave camps! It's got plus sides..... Hell bells.

People argue and whine about every programme/political decision is part of a tolerant society, and the very life blood of democracy and fairness you wish to cut out.

In the world you want you are little forcing everyone to have the same opinion as you, not assuming.
I have never made any such statement on this thread. You have taken my statement and gone over the top.

I have stated that I would support certain elements of military rule but not everything.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
What am I saying and how am I flip flopping?

i stated that I liked certain parts of that system but not all of it.

Ok

I have never made any such statement on this thread. You have taken my statement and gone over the top.

I have stated that I would support certain elements of military rule but not everything.
OK so to be clear then, the answer is you don't support getting rid of the houses of Parliament scraping scrapping democracy for authoritarian military rule?

If that's the case we are in agreement.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
OK so to be clear then, the answer is you don't support getting rid of the houses of Parliament scraping scrapping democracy for authoritarian military rule?

If that's the case we are in agreement.
I think an ideal system would be some elements of authoritarianism within a democratic system such as discipline, patriotism and community.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

If you give gang members training in the use of weapons and easy access to them, the result will be increased violence.
No I disagree here, I think there must be a sense of unity and respect installed back onto our youth, respect for the elderly and authority is at an all time low.

I'm all for light corporal punishment to be introduced and national service for both sexes to to introduced. It does not have to be army based.
”bring back the cane!”, talking about ”disrespectful youth” and National Service... Seriously, are you an OAP?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
”bring back the cane!”, talking about ”disrespectful youth” and National Service... Seriously, are you an OAP?
:laugh:
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you give gang members training in the use of weapons and easy access to them, the result will be increased violence.

18 year olds are doing 1 year national service and not permanently joining the military. You are instilling discipline and community in them.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?

(Original post by Obolinda)
:laugh:
Not yet no, however not that that has anything to with a veiw point. If anything you are reinforcing my point about a disrespect of the elderly, in the way which you or subliminally putting a message out that the elderly's opinion is somehow inferior to yours!

Firstly as I said previously, national service doesn't have to in military base you don't have to give someone weapons training, you must of missed that?

Also I never said bring back the cane. I said reintroduce 'light' corporal punishment.

Let's at least try to have sensible debate based on what what is actually as opposed to what you want me to say!
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not yet no, however not that that has anything to with a veiw point. If anything you are reinforcing my point about a disrespect of the elderly, in the way which you or subliminally putting a message out that the elderly's opinion is somehow inferior to yours!

Firstly as I said previously, national service doesn't have to in military base you don't have to give someone weapons training, you must of missed that?

Also I never said bring back the cane. I said reintroduce 'light' corporal punishment.

Let's at least try to have sensible debate based on what what is actually as opposed to what you want me to say!
I just found it funny, I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment. Sorry you felt disrespected by the joke.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
I just found it funny, I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment. Sorry you felt disrespected by the joke.
To be fair I should not of tagged you in mate, applogies
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

1) What is national service, then?
2) Define ”light”
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
1) What is national service, then?
2) Define ”light”
OK,

1) National Service is just that a national enforced service to you're country, for the greater good of your country. It does not and should not be the barbaric and outdated service we saw in the 50's.

2) nothing that leaves a mark or is sadistic, so not the cane or ruler. The decay in schooling and pupil insubordination has increased, also many children leave school with out basic skills, coincidence?

The decay in patriotism, tolerance and respect for each other that has grew massively since the changes we have implemented, noticeably the parenting of children and abolishment of nation service is evident, you cannot ignore it.

Something has changed, parents now want to be their childrens friend not their parent and that is the problem.

Ask yourself this why do OAPs want a return to corporal punishment on average?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.55%
Excited (156)
9.15%
Worried (306)
17.95%
Terrified (379)
22.23%
Meh (166)
9.74%
Confused (37)
2.17%