Queen_1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone. I’m thinking of picking Biology Chemistry and Religious Studies. If anyone here has done religious studies specifically Christianity, any thoughts or advise??
Examsareoversoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Religious studies seems a bit random to me, why are you not choosing a more related A level to bio and chem? Many stem degrees, such as chemistry require A level maths.
Queen_1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Examsareoversoon)
Religious studies seems a bit random to me, why are you not choosing a more related A level to bio and chem? Many stem degrees, such as chemistry require A level maths.
I’m hoping to do medicine in the future and when I checked the university websites and what they want, most of them want a third subject that’s not science based. They said they would prefer something like religious studies or history.
corslight
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did Religious studies, and honestly the amount of course content you need to memorise is a tonne, but tbh if you just over analyse everything you'll do well. with RS analysing and evaluating are the main skills rather than a simple retention of knowledge, if you're chill with that it will be fine.
Examsareoversoon
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Queen_1)
I’m hoping to do medicine in the future and when I checked the university websites and what they want, most of them want a third subject that’s not science based. They said they would prefer something like religious studies or history.
Oh if it's medicine then that's perfect, most of them don't care at all what your third is, as long as it's not further maths or a foreign language you are a native speaker of.
NanaA23432
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Queen_1)
Hey everyone. I’m thinking of picking Biology Chemistry and Religious Studies. If anyone here has done religious studies specifically Christianity, any thoughts or advise??
Me, I did Biology,Psychology and Religious Studies( Christianity Y2 ) and there is much more content to understand in second year~ I did enjoy some aspects of it since I found it interesting.
Queen_1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by corslight)
I did Religious studies, and honestly the amount of course content you need to memorise is a tonne, but tbh if you just over analyse everything you'll do well. with RS analysing and evaluating are the main skills rather than a simple retention of knowledge, if you're chill with that it will be fine.
I really enjoy learning about religions and everything so I will bare with it. But thanks for the heads up on the work load
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (189)
38.57%
Take autumn exams (150)
30.61%
Look for a job (17)
3.47%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.29%
Take a year out (85)
17.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.71%

Watched Threads