The Student Room Group

Indian guy scared of what other's think if I get into a relationship with an english

I'm an Indian guy and I have good times with English women.

My uncle's, aunt's don't really care about me however they believe if I marry out of my culture I'm not being a good role model and not setting a good example.

However it is my life.

And there will be conversations that 'I let them down'.
Reply 1
You shouldn't let your family decide what makes you happy.
Reply 2
And other's think "I'm a failure" and "it's embarrassing".
So enjoy having good times low key with whoever you want.

Who you marry in due course is another matter - let them keep that arranged marriage dream alive.

What’s more embarrassing is that in 2019 people still have this village mentality.
(edited 4 years ago)
You have one life to live so live it the way in which you’ll be most happy.
Are you that guy who was beefing me before, the one with a white girl fetish and hatred towards brown girls?
Reply 6
Thanks guys.

You know how Indian people think, not saying all Indian people are this way. It is the older generation with this old fashioned mentality.

The uncle, aunt's think I've let them down, I'm a poor role model to their kids and other Indian people think "how embarrassing". They can be shallow, snobby with a 'follow the crowd' mentality.

However it is my life.

@SlightlySummer absolutely not, first time I've ever seen you on here I promise.
Reply 7
Who cares what they think, they don't care about me, I don't care about them. I shouldn't waste my head space preoccupied with negative thoughts.

Its my life and I do what makes me happy.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks guys.

You know how Indian people think, not saying all Indian people are this way. It is the older generation with this old fashioned mentality.

The uncle, aunt's think I've let them down, I'm a poor role model to their kids and other Indian people think "how embarrassing". They can be shallow, snobby with a 'follow the crowd' mentality.

However it is my life.

@SlightlySummer absolutely not, first time I've ever seen you on here I promise.

Ohh ok, there was another Indian guy (yesterday and today) who said only white people are attractive :iiam:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks guys.

However it is my life.

Do what you want to do. When you turn 75 and you still have your soulmate, likely an English women then, they wint be there to cuss you while you know you have led a satisfied life.

Also what is it with desi aunty's cussing boys who go out with white girls openly, while their goody two shoes daughter, who is supposed to be doctor/lawyers, secretly have unprotected coitus with as many white/black/ miscellaneous guys they can before getting married to one of them. Nothing wrong with this, but desi girls have it easy and in the past year I have come across 6 such relationships/instances, including one where the parents had to get their daughter married to guy of different ethnicity as they discovered she was 7 months pregnant (he's the dad).

Chest out, chin up- you are doing nothing wrong bro. This is 2019!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending